Rental for few weeks - Spetember

Guest Lisado

Guest Lisado

Hi all

Hope everyone is well. It has stopped raining at last here in Newcastle

I have been trying (without success) to secure a rental in Christies Beach / Port Noarlunga area, however, no matter how many times I try, the Estate Agents are having non of it - until we get there (and my poor parents stressing if we dont have a home to go to)

SO does anyone have a rental we could rent for few weeks from 8 September 2009? Havent opted for OAA due to some scare stories.

If anyone has anything doesnt necessarily have to be in those areas then I willbe eternally grateful. Ideally a 3 bedroom one as we have 2 kids unless no one mind sthe kids bunking up

Many thanks, Lisa

Guest Lisado

Sorry also meant to say if anyone has unfurnished rentals for 6 months (possibly longer let) then please can you give me a shout?

Ta, Lisa

Guest Lisado

Sorry guys its me again

Also was thinking if any rentals (pref unfurnished for 6 months) in Seaford area or Onkaparinga hills. :)

Many thanks, Lisa

Lisa, really your best bet is to book a furnished holiday let for 6-8 weeks and then look for a longer term, unfurnished rental after that. It will be much easier for you to find a suitable place if you are here and can actually talk to a rental agent, give them references from your holiday let etc. Don't make a stressful time even more stressful by trying to achieve the impossible.

We rented from Donna Jacob at Walsh Real Estate when we arrived and it was great, really eased the pressure knowing that we had somewhere to stay for that amount of time. Give her a call or drop her an email and see what she has available.

http://www.walshre.com.au/pol/property/staff.asp?f_AgentID=3748&xsl=3748&st_id=224913&tmpl=person

If not then there are a few people on here who rent out furnished rentals for short term periods, check out the business adverts section of the forum.

Good luck

Guest Lisado

THats really helpful. I know I am pushing the gun a bit. I iwll drop her an email and see what they say

Thanks for your help

Lisa

We rented from Donna Jacob at Walsh Real Estate when we arrived and it was great, really eased the pressure knowing that we had somewhere to stay for that amount of time. Give her a call or drop her an email and see what she has available.

http://www.walshre.com.au/pol/property/staff.asp?f_AgentID=3748&xsl=3748&st_id=224913&tmpl=person

I have used Donna's places 3 times now (I'm not a ping pom, but the love of my life was in England when I met her!) and can thoroughly recommend them. The view from her Kingston Park property is to die for, though one bedroom might not be enough for you. I deliberately stayed there for a week, even though I did have an unfurnished place ready, just to have a relaxing start. Fab.

Hi Lisa

If you contact Jo Buckler at Ray White Hallet Cove or Fiona Brett Ray White Flagstaff Hill, they can sort out rentals before you arrive but think it has to be 6months contract. The only other agent that seemed keen to do this was Ray White at Christies Beach, in fact one of the girls there had a 3 bed house to rent out in Noarlunga not sure if its still available though.

We organised a 12month rental prior to arrival as we have two little ones and its worked out great, we were completely advised against this but its been perfect for us.

Good Luck

Denise

Guest Lisado

Hi guys

I have emailed Welsh Estates, so hopefully they comeback - fallen in love with one of the properties there by the photos

I got an email back from someone at Ray White and they told me that I had to be ther ein person to pay the bond and sign the form (the last bit I can understand). I will email those mentioned - so fingers crossed

Thanks for your help - PIA brilliant again

Lisa