School Catchment areas in Hallett Cove

cormcvcr

Hi All,

I am looking for some information! again!!!!

We have been talking to builders in Oz and are currently looking for a piece of land either in Hallett Cove or the surrounding areas, ie, Shiedow Park, Trott Park etc, but I would really like my kids to go to Hallett Cove Primary as I have been advised that the schooling there is good.

Do you know if they accept children outwith the catchment area and if so what are the catchment areas.

It will help greatly!!

thanks very much.

Cornelia,

They seem to be quite strict at the 3 Hallett Cove schools - you have to live on the coastal side of Lonsdale road to be able to enrol them in school. Also, you have to prove that you actually live in Hallet Cove.

Although once they attend the school I can't see them being thrown out if you move out of the area.

My 2 kids both attend R-12 and they love it.

Karen

Guest donna T

My Son is at Hallett Cove East and started when we were still in OAA in Novar gardens which was a good 25 min drive away!

I told them that we were buying in Hallett Cove and they didn't query it or ask for any sort of proof.

HC East is a pretty nice school, about 450 pupils and Josh is really happy there.

Donna

x

To balance it off, my son is at Hallett Cove South :P;)

When I enrolled Thomas there I asked the same question, as we live just off the Cove road in Hallett Cove. Max, the head teacher said at this present time the school was not zoned as they needed more kids enrolling in the kindy.

J x

Guest cockney lass

Hi

Just to let you know, that there is also a great primary school in sheidow park/trott park, called Woodend Primary, just in case you do buy land over that side.

:D

We are renting in HC. We had a look around HC East & felt it was a really nice school, I was very impressed with the principal there. Although primary isn't zoned, when we looked around HC R-12 they did not have an early years space for my youngest son but they would have taken my eldest son into year 5, no problem, I wouldn't split them up though.

Just one thing, I don't think you are here yet (looking at your signature) if I were you, have a good look around the suburbs & schools before you make any decisions.

We are now buying a property further South / inland, so we enrolled both children into a school nearer to us.

Good luck

Angela

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi there Cormcvcr

Just follow on from what Angela said really - get here and then really look around for areas (land is getting harder and harder to find other than the new development estates) and then perhaps make your own mind up about areas and schools - because what is right for one person may not be right for another.

There are lots of schools around but I think finding the land might be a bit harder in the area you want - ie Hallett Cove, Sheidow Park, Trott Park.

Good luck for now

Regs

Sas

Guest jooles and gary

hi Cornelia

we too live in rented in Hallett Cove . They are releasing some land in Hallett Cove heights shortly ( Sheidow park side) but there is a waiting list and it is sort after. There has been alot of houses bulit on sheidow park but not sure about the development and who is buliding. Hallett cove is pretty well established and you may see the odd piece of land there but i imagine it will be expensive. As for the schools, well if you are referring to the Hallett Cove R-12 school then yes you do have to be in catchment and it is very strict for the primary school. if you email them they should send you a catchment map. we are not in the catchment for that school but my kids go to Hallet Cove east and we are really pleased with it . Hallett cove South is a much smaller school but has a very good reputation so you really wont go wrong with any of the three schools in the area.

hope that helps

jooles

Guest banjo70

Hi - We are enrolloing our three in HC South and we are still in the UK. My Sis-in-law visited on our belhalf and was really impressed. The info on the school web site also impressed us - although the colour scheme is a little bold.

We arrive on Nov 13th and the kids start the following Monday.

Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

We are one of those families living the wrong side of the Lonsdale Road, well according to the lady at HC R-12, so even though we live in Hallett Cove (Heights) both ours go to school in Aberfoyle Park (AP High & Heysen) which is only about a 15-20 minute drive away and both are pretty happy there.

There is some land for sale here but seems to be being snapped up pretty quick as are the plots accross the valley in Sheidow.

As Sas said land is at a real premium here and you have to be pretty quick to snap up a good bit, my dream of a level putting green in the garden seems to be fading fast......oh well have to make do with Willunga tommorrow with Guzzler and Gra (hope he remembers his membership card this time).......sorry M8 couldn't resist;)