aussie style resume

Guest rahim_nikzad550

Guest rahim_nikzad550

hello every one,

i am new here and i will go to australia (adeliade) in the next few months.

i have about 6 years of experience in sheet metals( cutting, press brake, CNC plasma cutter).

i just dont know how to write my resume in aussie style which i know is one of the most important things to get a job.

so would you please help ....

Hello.

I currently live in Australia, after emigrating here 4 years ago. I am an IT professional.

In my opinion, there is no requirement specifically for an "aussie style" resume. There may well be specifics to your profession that require you to disclose certain information in a particular fashion... I really don't know, and you're probably better getting feedback from someone in your field. In my experience, I have used the same resume that I did in the UK, and it has proven to be quite adequate for my requirements.

I would recommend that if you are thinking of moving to Australia, that you put out feelers in your profession. Speak to recruitment agents (not that they are resume experts) and companies recruiting as they may have some constructive criticism for you.

In my opinion, a resume is a difficult document to write... and very difficult to write well. Getting your experience, skills and abilities on 2 pieces of paper seem like somewhat of an impossibility; especially to make it stand out from the crowd. There's not a specific "right" way to compose a resume, but there are certain formats that are purported to work better than others. Mr. Google may be able to assist you further in your investigations.

I hope this helped.

Regards.

Roger.

Guest ben&sharon

I completely agree - I have done a fair bit of recruitment here now and I've seen a broad variety and styles of resume. In my opinion, there is no such thing as an 'Aussie style' one - there are good ones and bad ones and that is it - exactly the same as in the UK and presumably everywhere else in the world!

If you feel yours needs updating, then the Google idea is a good one to get some pointers, but the main things to concentrate on are keeping it clear and to the point. And keep it to two pages - you would not believe some of the six page epics I've seen here - they're just boring! :SLEEP:

Good luck with your move and the job-hunting!

Guest rahim_nikzad550
Hello.

I currently live in Australia, after emigrating here 4 years ago. I am an IT professional.

In my opinion, there is no requirement specifically for an "aussie style" resume. There may well be specifics to your profession that require you to disclose certain information in a particular fashion... I really don't know, and you're probably better getting feedback from someone in your field. In my experience, I have used the same resume that I did in the UK, and it has proven to be quite adequate for my requirements.

I would recommend that if you are thinking of moving to Australia, that you put out feelers in your profession. Speak to recruitment agents (not that they are resume experts) and companies recruiting as they may have some constructive criticism for you.

In my opinion, a resume is a difficult document to write... and very difficult to write well. Getting your experience, skills and abilities on 2 pieces of paper seem like somewhat of an impossibility; especially to make it stand out from the crowd. There's not a specific "right" way to compose a resume, but there are certain formats that are purported to work better than others. Mr. Google may be able to assist you further in your investigations.

I hope this helped.

Regards.

Roger.

dear Roger,

thanks for your advice, it was really helpful...

Guest rahim_nikzad550
I completely agree - I have done a fair bit of recruitment here now and I've seen a broad variety and styles of resume. In my opinion, there is no such thing as an 'Aussie style' one - there are good ones and bad ones and that is it - exactly the same as in the UK and presumably everywhere else in the world!

If you feel yours needs updating, then the Google idea is a good one to get some pointers, but the main things to concentrate on are keeping it clear and to the point. And keep it to two pages - you would not believe some of the six page epics I've seen here - they're just boring! :SLEEP:

Good luck with your move and the job-hunting!

dear Ben and Sharon,

thanks a lot