Oh my god, we've lodged!!

Guest Viksta

Guest Viksta

Ahhhhh, can't quite believe it but we've finally lodged our 176 Visa!! Really mega scared now, the proper count down is on!!! I just wonder how long it will be? We are using an agent but I wondered if there was any where I can check it myself? I know i've seen people on here talking about checking it, but wondered where you get this info from?

Thanks

:biglaugh::eek::jiggy:

Guest helene73

How exciting :) can't wait till i Ambon your position, best of luck you will soon have your visa :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Guest fishes20

Hi Vicks

You can check your progress, with the online tracker, (sorry no good at doing links) you will need your TRN number though and your date of birth and passport number. If its any help I got a case officer 24hrs after uploading my docs. I checked mine and although I just need meds and police checks nothing says "Met" but this is normal, So I am not going to look again untill my PCC and meds are done. Hope this helps

Jase

We just lodged ours too, it was 7th here but 8th in Australia lol. I'm so excited, we'll have to keep updated with each other and see how we're getting on x

Guest pixie7

Vikki- made up you've lodged-scary now hey? been waiting to hear! Have you sorted out how to view it? Once you got TRN off agent go to DIAC and theres a link on right to online application.

Fishes that is sooo quick to get a CO- were are you up to now?

TH82- congratulations on lodging- have you joined the June 2011 thread?

Vikki- made up you've lodged-scary now hey? been waiting to hear! Have you sorted out how to view it? Once you got TRN off agent go to DIAC and theres a link on right to online application.

Thanks hun, I joined the June 2011 thread on PIO, is there one on here too? I'll have a look and join if so x

Guest tilly

thats brilliant. we lodged ours on the 6th of this month (6th over there that is) and are still waiting to hear. my hubby rang them to see what was going on because we'd had no confirmation they had received it (we couriered ours) and they told us they currently have a 3 week back log but not to panic, once it's in their hands its lodged. i've been terrified since we sent everything off. not really sure how it got to this stage so quickly to be honest! hope everything runs smoothly for you from here onwards :)

Guest fishes20

Hi Pixie7

Sent PCC's off Monday just gone, Meds booked at Manchester on 30th June. Getting C/O that quick surprised me too I'll tell you, pleasant surprise though:jiggy:

Jase

Guest Viksta

Hi everyone!!

Now this may mean i'm completely stupid, but where do i get the TRN number from? what does it stand for? 'tracking number'? i'm wondering if we're using an agent if they won't tell us, as otherwise, if i can track, then not much they are doing for their money i guess? still can't believe C/O are getting given out so quickly! i got a newsletter from the agent saying that because things are moving so quickly with c/o's then now referred medicals are getting a delay as there are so many of them, they have told clients it could be up to a 3 week wait if your medical is referred. Pixie7 I was gonna join the visa thread but when i went to last page a load of people were talking about their medicals, so i wondered if it had turned into something else? Tilly and TH82 congrats on lodging yours too!! where you all planning to actually go? ok, good luck everyone!!!

Guest Viksta
Hi Pixie7

Sent PCC's off Monday just gone, Meds booked at Manchester on 30th June. Getting C/O that quick surprised me too I'll tell you, pleasant surprise though:jiggy:

Jase

keep us posted!!!! good luck!

Hi everyone!!

Now this may mean i'm completely stupid, but where do i get the TRN number from? what does it stand for? 'tracking number'? i'm wondering if we're using an agent if they won't tell us, as otherwise, if i can track, then not much they are doing for their money i guess? still can't believe C/O are getting given out so quickly! i got a newsletter from the agent saying that because things are moving so quickly with c/o's then now referred medicals are getting a delay as there are so many of them, they have told clients it could be up to a 3 week wait if your medical is referred. Pixie7 I was gonna join the visa thread but when i went to last page a load of people were talking about their medicals, so i wondered if it had turned into something else? Tilly and TH82 congrats on lodging yours too!! where you all planning to actually go? ok, good luck everyone!!!

Hey hun, we got our tracking number forwarded to us by our Agent, it was in the confirmation e-mail sent a couple of days later from them when our application was lodged. We haven't decided on exactly where yet, just know we want to settle in Adelaide somewhere. I didn't want to get my hopes up too much or tempt fate by researching too much before we got our application in so have just started doing it now. What are you thinking about where you will settle ? xx

Guest tilly

hey chick. we are planning on being out there in august next year (although we are prepared to go earlier or later than that if need be.) looking around the marino area ourselves. hubbys parents are in hackham so obviously we have to look around where they are. i loved the look of largs bay but i've heard some things about there to make me reconsider til we get out there and scope it out for ourselves. not heard anything bad about marino though and it looks gorgeous. hubbys parents started off in seaford but personally dont like the look of it, so decided to just keep trawling through realestate.com.au til we found somewhere we like the look of! keep looking at the houses up for over 2 million dollars and thinking someday....! how about you? do you have any ideas on where you wnat to go?

hey chick. we are planning on being out there in august next year (although we are prepared to go earlier or later than that if need be.) looking around the marino area ourselves. hubbys parents are in hackham so obviously we have to look around where they are. i loved the look of largs bay but i've heard some things about there to make me reconsider til we get out there and scope it out for ourselves. not heard anything bad about marino though and it looks gorgeous. hubbys parents started off in seaford but personally dont like the look of it, so decided to just keep trawling through realestate.com.au til we found somewhere we like the look of! keep looking at the houses up for over 2 million dollars and thinking someday....! how about you? do you have any ideas on where you wnat to go?

Not yet, we are going to start looking now so any advice anyone has on which areas to avoid or where housing is quite reasonable is welcome. I know what you mean about looking at expensive houses - I'm the same, but one day it will be us I'm sure. What is it that you and your husband do work wise? xx

Guest tilly

i'm a house wife myself, dont have any qualifications work wise just gcse's and as levels and a btec! once the kids are older i plan on becoming a personal trainer though :) and i cant help but think australia would be a very good place to do that - they supposedly have the best colleges for that sort of thing in the world! hubby is a diesel fitter, he works on buses at the minute. for reasonable prices we found marino looked really nice and not heard anything bad about it and the prices for 3 bed rentals was about $450 a week. for the cheaper option to that there is seaford, they seem to be about $350 kind of mark. i think it depends on what you are looking for. my in laws were in seaford and they loved it. they didnt want to move but they fell in love with the house they bought in hackham, thats the only reason they left! just can't wait to get out there now. hate all the waiting around! my cleaning OCD has gone into overdrive over the past few weeks because i've been stressing over it all!!!

i'm a house wife myself, dont have any qualifications work wise just gcse's and as levels and a btec! once the kids are older i plan on becoming a personal trainer though :) and i cant help but think australia would be a very good place to do that - they supposedly have the best colleges for that sort of thing in the world! hubby is a diesel fitter, he works on buses at the minute. for reasonable prices we found marino looked really nice and not heard anything bad about it and the prices for 3 bed rentals was about $450 a week. for the cheaper option to that there is seaford, they seem to be about $350 kind of mark. i think it depends on what you are looking for. my in laws were in seaford and they loved it. they didnt want to move but they fell in love with the house they bought in hackham, thats the only reason they left! just can't wait to get out there now. hate all the waiting around! my cleaning OCD has gone into overdrive over the past few weeks because i've been stressing over it all!!!

That sounds like a great job to do in Australia, I'll have to get you to give me some tips as I'm falling to bits here and can't seem to get motivated exercise wise. Was just saying to Kev I need someone standing over me and pushing me to do it. I'v heard Marino and Seaford mentioned a few times now, will definitely check them out so thanks very much for that. I know what you mean about stress - though i wish mines came out in cleaning, unfortunately I'v gone down the can't stop eating route :/

Guest tilly

ahh see i have the opposite problem, i stop eating when i'm stressed! i have my hubby and kids keep reminding me to eat!!! although today i wanted roast chicken so bought a rotisserie one and i swear i ate the whole thing!! think my body finally realised it can't survive on stress alone!!!

Guest Viksta

Panic over, we got a letter in the post from the agent today, with the confirmation email on it so we have all the details we need i think!! He seems like a decent guy so thats handy, I've read on a thread on here that some agents dont give this information out which is what i thought the norm would be!!

We have no idea where to start, I've never been to Adelaide, we were hoping to get to Brisbane but needed state sponsorship to get enough points, not that i'm disappointed coz i think it'll suit us more, just dont know where to start, some people say one place then someone else says the complete opposite!! It feels as though about 80% of the people on here live in Port Noarlunga!!! It has good reviews on real estate, and everyone on here seems to like it!! I've not heard of Marino? I think i need a map of adelaide!! I went on a website about adelaide and it said suberbs in the south had a bad rep but i have no idea where these are and what it actually means??? Defo need to start researching areas and schools!!!

Guest tilly

we just went on realestate.com.au and went along the various places along the coast. marino does look really nice and there are some houses that are massively expensive and others that seem perfectly reasonable and you wonder how its so cheap when a similar one is 5 times the price! if i were you id just keep trawling through the real estate websites - its what i'm doing, eventually you get a feel for the kind of place you want and they all seem to be like tha in one area if that makes sense at all! i've noticed a lot of people on here seem to be in port noarlunga - i didnt like the look of it and my in laws told us everyone refers to it as little england! suppose that must be where the majority of poms feel is right for them!

we wanted to go to brisbane too but as the in laws are sponsoring us we kinda had to go to adelaide. i'm not really fussed to be honest. but the kids definitely want to be there when thats where their grandparents are!

glad you got all the info through now too. must be such a relief!

Guest Viksta
we just went on realestate.com.au and went along the various places along the coast. marino does look really nice and there are some houses that are massively expensive and others that seem perfectly reasonable and you wonder how its so cheap when a similar one is 5 times the price! if i were you id just keep trawling through the real estate websites - its what i'm doing, eventually you get a feel for the kind of place you want and they all seem to be like tha in one area if that makes sense at all! i've noticed a lot of people on here seem to be in port noarlunga - i didnt like the look of it and my in laws told us everyone refers to it as little england! suppose that must be where the majority of poms feel is right for them!

we wanted to go to brisbane too but as the in laws are sponsoring us we kinda had to go to adelaide. i'm not really fussed to be honest. but the kids definitely want to be there when thats where their grandparents are!

glad you got all the info through now too. must be such a relief!

I keep saying to my hubby if everyone on here lives in PN then it'll be another Britain!! I like the real estate website as it rates the suberbs too!! PN gets quite a high vote actually!!

Just joined the Pommi Princesses and also on FB, hopefully i'll be accepted in the group!!! Thanks for all the advice! you're lucky to have family, i'm not to sure how i'm gonna leave my mum and dad???

But needs must and i want a the best for my boys!!

Guest tilly
I keep saying to my hubby if everyone on here lives in PN then it'll be another Britain!! I like the real estate website as it rates the suberbs too!! PN gets quite a high vote actually!!

Just joined the Pommi Princesses and also on FB, hopefully i'll be accepted in the group!!! Thanks for all the advice! you're lucky to have family, i'm not to sure how i'm gonna leave my mum and dad???

But needs must and i want a the best for my boys!!

i'm leaving my dad behind my self, so i know what you mean. me and him are kind of all there is. for all he's married and i have a step sister i dont think for him its the same as having me there. my brother wont speak to him so i'm really all the family he has. along with my kids obviously, feel guilty for taking his only grandkids away from him, but having spoken to him the other day about it, he's starting to get a bit more receptive to info about us going. i'm dreading saying see ya later at the airport! but as you say, we want the best for our kids. it has to be done. my hubby has asked a few times if i really do want to go, and the answer is always yes. which in a way makes it harder! whats your name on FB and i'll add you as a friend on there