HELP - arriving adelaide 4/7/11 to validate

clan mac

OMG OMG We will be arriving in Adelaide on 4/7/11 to validate our visas and it's all been very last minute.com. We are a family of 4 looking for somewhere to rent for 2 weeks that is reasonably priced. Anyone got any suggestions please. Feel so excited and yet so terrified, cos hopefully soon after validation we are going to be living in Adelaide. Even typing this gives me a secret thrill!!!!!

We are so looking forward to seeing Adelaide, cant really believe it!!! WHOO HOO.

Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers

Lorraine xxx

Hi Pity it the middle of winter your comming but might be easy enough to get a place at that time of year.What sort of place you looking for. I know mt Vernon well stayed in Garrowhill before comming over here know to have a beer in the Clachan and the gables now and again still got lots of familay around there and will be over to see them in October.Have you looked at the ones that advertise on here like tamara shes got a few places she rents out.Depends what side of the city your looking at.

Guest ebstar

Hi, We are arriving on 6/7/11 and have tried loads of places (family 5) and everywhere seems to be booked.We got our visa a week ago and only have 3 weeks to find somewhere. I think our next step will be to try caravan parks. We would prefere a holiday let but it seems impossible to find one at such short notice.I only hope finding the long term rental is a bit easier than the short term. Good luck with the hunt.x

Hi Pity it the middle of winter your comming but might be easy enough to get a place at that time of year.What sort of place you looking for. I know mt Vernon well stayed in Garrowhill before comming over here know to have a beer in the Clachan and the gables now and again still got lots of familay around there and will be over to see them in October.Have you looked at the ones that advertise on here like tamara shes got a few places she rents out.Depends what side of the city your looking at.

Hi Ian Mc,

We are actually looking for a place in Glenelg or Hallett Cove, although to be honest I don't suppose it matters as we are validating and not actually staying long term yet, although I hope it will be soon! I really fancy living in Hallett Cove so therefore wanted to get a sense of the place. Thanks you for your suggestion I will try Tamara. Like Ebstar we have tried to book several places but they're already booked up!!! Talking of the season - how are the winters in Adelaide??? We visited Queensland 3 years ago at the same time of year and it was glorious - hey you must remember what Scottish summers are like? Thus far we have had 4 days of sunshine and that's it lol!

Thanks for your speedy reply

Lorraine x

Guest seekingsunshine

Hi guys! ( i was sure i had just posted on this but my post seems to have disappeared ....)

check out the business and job adverts section and look for short term rentals, plenty of options on there depending on where in Adelaide you want to be....

best of luck guys!

Guest Jackie of Sandy

Don't know if this is of any help, I have a friend going to Germany for about 4 weeks, she needs a house sitter for this time, she has a few cats that need to be cared for, she lives in Ethelton, a lovely suburb near the beach. My friend flies out about 16th July. ='.'= email me for more info jackswild@aapt.net.au

Guest Jackie of Sandy

A friend of mine is going to Germany for about 4 weeks, she requires a house sitter as she has a few cats that need to be cared for, she lives in Ethelton, a lovely suburb by the beach, about 20mins from Adelaide City. She flies out about 16th July 2011. Email me for more info jackswild@aapt.net.au

Guest Opportunities
A friend of mine is going to Germany for about 4 weeks, she requires a house sitter as she has a few cats that need to be cared for, she lives in Ethelton, a lovely suburb by the beach, about 20mins from Adelaide City. She flies out about 16th July 2011. Email me for more info jackswild@aapt.net.au

Hi,

I see you reside in Reynella East. Do you enjoy living there? We are moving over in December 2011 and plan to rent a short term rental in Reynella and thereafter secure a long term rental in Reynella or Woodcroft.

Karen

x

Guest Opportunities

Hi,

There are quite a few furnished rentals in great locations. Try Kim from http://www.acaciarentals.com.au . Depending on the areas, you can also have a look at www.auseelife.com.au or www.roorentals.com.au or homes from home(not sure what the web address is).

Good luck, sure you will be sorted with one of the above.

Karen

x

Guest Jackie of Sandy
Hi,

I see you reside in Reynella East. Do you enjoy living there? We are moving over in December 2011 and plan to rent a short term rental in Reynella and thereafter secure a long term rental in Reynella or Woodcroft.

Karen

x

I love living in Reynella East, there is a lot of parklands for great walks, or you can ride your bikes, plenty of supermarkets, in most cases walking distance. Only 15 minutes from the most beautiful beaches in Port Noarlunga, Christies Beach, Moana, there is also a lovely dog beach, where dogs can walk off of their lead. We are about 25 minutes from Adelaide City. A great Chinese Restaurant Yum Sing, Indian Mr India. We have a bus exchange, post offices, pubs, lots of lovely bird life,it really is a great place to live.

If you would like to know anything else please jusr ask ='.'= By the way we run a great boarding cattery www.lucky-lodge-boarding-cattery.com we also have a small shelter, where we have lots of furkids looking for 100% inside homes or cat runs. ='.'=

:o

HI We are from Erskine until next Wednesday and then we are off! We went to Adelaide last August to validate our visas. we were lucky because we have great friends who we stayed with but think you have good advice here already. What I would say is do take coats and jeans etc because although not like our winter here it is still cool definitely not shorts and flip flops weather. Congratulations on your visa btw. Its a fantastic feeling. You will absolutely love it. Good Luck