457 visa applied for......

Guest graemepugh

Guest mez10

The company appointed an Visa agent and he sent loads of forms to fill in. We had to photo copy passports, birth certs etc.

I had a medical and I asked about the wife and kids, he just kept saying don't worry they are not required.

I kept asking if I should get a police check, medicals anything that would speed up the process again he kept saying don't worry.

We didn't hear anything over the Xmas period and then in January I called him asking what would our chances be of getting the Visa (we kept reading others experiences of Visa problems on this forum) Started to panic as we had told everyone and we couldn't see us getting the Visa. Then a couple of days later I had an e-mail with the Visa attached.

We've got friends in Sydney and they applied for a 457visa after getting a job offer and they had the Visa with 4weeks (they hadn't even told anyone they were thinking of going to Oz)

You ask what next? - start sorting out what to bring to Oz and what needs throwing.

The company that gave me the job offer paid for a 40ft container, so we brought loads of stuff but I couldn't believe how much rubbish collects in a house over the years. I spent days running to the rubbish dumps.

Then start planning your leaving parties.

Good luck

Guest Mitchell
Hi,

Got job offer. 457 visa applied for. What now?

I am told 3-4 weeks. True?

What next?

Graeme

Panic! Lol. Mine came through in 7 days so you need to sort out shipping, look at temp accom etc. I was on a plane within 3 weeks.