Another rental question

Guest Jane & Tony

Guest Jane & Tony

Hello Poms

Just been reading the rental threads. We are due to arrive in October and I was wondering 'do you have to have a job before you can rent a property?'

Bit of a chicken and egg question cause if you don't have a job when you get there and need to rent ,which comes first?

Thanks Pommies

Jane xx :confused:

Hi, you will probably be able to get a rental but you might have to pay in advance, 6 months to 1 years rent upfront but i'm not too sure. We rented a house off Homes Down Under for the first three months of getting here. All bills are covered so you only have to worry about your shopping. After a few days started looking for jobs, rented a car for 2 weeks for interviews, got a job within a month, and then started to look at long term rentals. It also worked in quite well with our furniture arriving into Adelaide, it was only in storage for 3 days before we moved in.

Good luck!

Guest Jane & Tony
Hi, you will probably be able to get a rental but you might have to pay in advance, 6 months to 1 years rent upfront but i'm not too sure. We rented a house off Homes Down Under for the first three months of getting here. All bills are covered so you only have to worry about your shopping. After a few days started looking for jobs, rented a car for 2 weeks for interviews, got a job within a month, and then started to look at long term rentals. It also worked in quite well with our furniture arriving into Adelaide, it was only in storage for 3 days before we moved in.

Good luck!

Thanks Wilber,

I hope not cause 6-12 months rent up front will nearly clear us out!! Lost so much money on the house sale. Looks like we'll have to stay with the Mother-in-law 'till we've saved up!!! OMG not something that we really needed. Will probably fall out!

Regards

Jane

Guest gabriel
Thanks Wilber,

I hope not cause 6-12 months rent up front will nearly clear us out!! Lost so much money on the house sale. Looks like we'll have to stay with the Mother-in-law 'till we've saved up!!! OMG not something that we really needed. Will probably fall out!

Regards

Jane

Jane same here! We are moving out on 12 September (house is being rented out)in with the in-laws for FOUR months hopefully we will be able to save some money. We are lucky enough to have friends in Adelaide so we are going to stay with them for two or three weeks & hopefully in that time my hubster will be able to get a job & we can start looking for a rental fingers crossed it all goes to plan in that order!! Good Luck with your preparations!

Trudy

Guest gabriel
Hi Trudy

You scared? I know I am. Now it's a reality and not a dream.

What about moving in with mother-in-law? LOL! I AM BRICKING IT!!! Very nervous Jane, dont know how i'm going to cope without seeing my sis we see each other every couple of days, worried about leaving my mum on her own, whether Jay will get a job & if we will have enough money..not sleeping very well! I've never rented before either ..will I be shouting at kids to be careful not to mark the walls etc!!! All these things keep going round & round in my head like a washing machine!!Keep dreading that day when we all say goodbye to each other, will break myheart when we say goodbye to my niece & nephew my kids are sooo close to them & my nephew isnt old enough to understand whats going on...Anyway this is the choice we've made for a brighter future...how about you Jane you havent got long to go at all have you?

T x

Guest Jane & Tony
What about moving in with mother-in-law? LOL! I AM BRICKING IT!!! Very nervous Jane, dont know how i'm going to cope without seeing my sis we see each other every couple of days, worried about leaving my mum on her own, whether Jay will get a job & if we will have enough money..not sleeping very well! I've never rented before either ..will I be shouting at kids to be careful not to mark the walls etc!!! All these things keep going round & round in my head like a washing machine!!Keep dreading that day when we all say goodbye to each other, will break myheart when we say goodbye to my niece & nephew my kids are sooo close to them & my nephew isnt old enough to understand whats going on...Anyway this is the choice we've made for a brighter future...how about you Jane you havent got long to go at all have you?

T x

That's gonna be tough. We are slightly luckier. My Mum and Dad have passed. I have an older Sister and Nephews but are not that close. The one thing that is going to be hard is giving up our two Yorkies. One will re-home ok but the other is 11 and diabetic so he will have to be put to sleep. He is sooo healthy otherwise. Breaking my heart.

OH's Mum, Sister, Aunt, Nephews and cousins are already in Adelaide so we re going to family rather than leaving.

Washing machine is a good way to describe it all. I keep getting up at 3am. Probably getting used to the time difference already lol.

Good Luck to you all. Keep thinking it's for the best. Adelaide is the 7th best city in the world to bring up kids and our two Newphews (in their 20's) have done really well over there. Bothown their own homes and have really good jobs. Do'nt think that would be the case in the UK. They would probably be involved in the troubls we've had.

Keep us posted. Very best of luck.

Jane x