Golden grove

Guest teamV

Sorry I know these questions are hard to answer,but as I'm a truck or deisel mechanic ,most of the of the jobs I've seen advertised are in and around wingfield.So that seems to be the best area for us to start out ,I'm not mad on a big travel to work and we live in a quiet area of the country here in the lakes,so with 2 young boys ,Glenn will be 5 when we arrive and Alex about 18 months ,would golden grove suit our needs and as Its looking like the north for us are there any other area's we should be looking at.Nothing is set in stone as I haven't got a job yet.

I really want to start or buy my own buisness, as thats what we have in the uk ,but a year or 2 working for someone else would give us time to settle in with hopefully a bit less stress.

Thanks Kev.

Guest shella_n

Golden grove is lovely - you could also look at redwood park. Golden grove has nice new modern affordable houses, excellent school etc. Only negative for me is it's just that bit too far from the beach for me

Hi Kev, Golden Grove is nice and so are most of the surrounding areas and it's not that bad a commute to Wingfield along the Port expressway. Don't worry too much about advertised jobs as the best way is to go in to companies and hand your CV over personally. This is what I done and I had a start within a week of trying to find work, there are plenty jobs out there for diesel mechanics.

Peter

Hi Kev, Golden Grove is nice and so are most of the surrounding areas and it's not that bad a commute to Wingfield along the Port expressway. Don't worry too much about advertised jobs as the best way is to go in to companies and hand your CV over personally. This is what I done and I had a start within a week of trying to find work, there are plenty jobs out there for diesel mechanics.

Peter

Thanks for that Peter and everyone who's answered,You sound like a man after my own heart ,I think if we can move half way round the world with our family's ,you have to be willing to can knock on a few doors to find a job.

I've worked on trucks non stop since leaving school and I'm 45 now ,but for the last 5 or so years I've been working for myself ,buying selling and repairing vans ,so not full time in the garage ,I'm a little nervous about going back to being a full time fitter,but I should soon get back into the swing of it.

• 1 month later...
Guest Fancy a Beer

Agree with Peter, you have to knock on doors to get a job here it's definatly the way to go! Wingfield is a huge industrial area with alot of factories etc sure you will have no problems getting work here! Golden Grove is a great area for young families. We live in Greenwith which is next to GG. About a 30 mins drive to Wingfield. But there are alot of other factory areas around but as you say mainly in the City and North of Adelaide :)

Agree with Peter, you have to knock on doors to get a job here it's definatly the way to go! Wingfield is a huge industrial area with alot of factories etc sure you will have no problems getting work here! Golden Grove is a great area for young families. We live in Greenwith which is next to GG. About a 30 mins drive to Wingfield. But there are alot of other factory areas around but as you say mainly in the City and North of Adelaide :)

Thanks ,Greenwith and Wynn Vale are on our list of places as well ,although Greenwith does seem quite a way out but the houses all seem fairly new, is it a busy place,

Kev

Thanks ,Greenwith and Wynn Vale are on our list of places as well ,although Greenwith does seem quite a way out but the houses all seem fairly new, is it a busy place,

Kev

greewnwith and wynn vale are right next door to golden grove and I mean next door if you wouldn't know you have gone from one sub to the other both really nice areas :) we live in Salisbury heights which isthe next sub and can be a little cheaper and 2 mins closer to Wingfield lol