advice on schools primary and secondary genral area mawson lakes surrounding suburbs

Guest the Tews

Guest the Tews

Hello all we are new to site and hope to be moving to Adelaide soon my employer has indicated that they would like me to live around mawson lakes,tea tree gulley,jepps cross and other similar areas in the northen suburbs. please can anyone advise which suburbs are the better one and ones to avoid.also can anyone recommend good secondary schools and primary schools.

Thanks Steve

Guest shella_n

Hi!

You can look at Mawson lakes, redwood park, golden grove - those are a couple of good ones. I'm staid I dong know any good high schools as mine are still in primary ( although endeavour in Mawson lakes is good but that's private at a cost of $6k a year). Good shepherd school in para vista cones very highly recommended although you have to pay (3k I think). I wouldn't recommend Mawson lakes primary ( it is ok but not great - although living in Mawson lakes is great) if I were choosing now I'd head for golden grove - nice area and I've heard schools are really good.

Hope that helps?

Golden Grove, Modbury High, Charles Campbell, Banksia Park in terms of state high schools all have good reps. Lots of private schools around too at various prices if you choose to go that way. If I were you, I'd choose a high school first thens find a rental in catchment, then look at primaries, in terms of order of doing things

HTH

Diane

Guest the Tews

Many Thanks, does anyone know what Para Hills high school is like and does Mawson Lakes have a high school?? and what is Modbury like as an area to live in?

Sorry for all these questions but wanted to live south and done most research for that area!!

Cheers Steve and Andrea,

Guest salisbury massive

Please don't send your kids to Para Hills high School, its got a dog rough reputation. I'm sure there are people who either went there, or who send their kids there and think it great but everyone I know who lives in the Para Hills area send their kids out of catchment. There is no state high school for Mawson Lakes, there is a private High school called Endeavour. It costs around $6,000 a year, uniform and excursions extra. Here's the website http://www.endeavour.sa.edu.au/ the primary school is ok, but the classes are all open plan, the library is over the road from the school and the teachers are called by their first name.

If you are looking in the northern suburbs, I would recommend, Golden Grove, Wynn Vale & Greenwith to start with. All serviced by great primary school and Golden Grove High is a very good school, it is surrounded by 3 private schools, Pedare Christian college, Gleeson (Catholic) and Kings Baptist. you can google the primaries, Golden Grove, Wynn Vale, Keithcot Farm & Greenwith. For some cheaper suburbs i would look at Tea Tree Gully, Redwood Park, Modbury Heights, Surrey Downs, all have good primaries, and feed into Modbury High or Banksia Park. hope that helps.

Guest the Tews

Thanks Salisbury Massive, any help welcome. I have thought about Endeavour but I have 3 kids age 10, 12 and 14 and it may get a little expensive! Any other private high schools that may be bit cheaper?:cool:

Cheers everyone, Steve and Andrea

Guest Ric & Paula

We have visited Banksia International High on 3 occasions,with a view to our son starting in Jan.2013,and on each visit were impressed by the facilities and low class sizes.We are going to have a look at Golden grove too,should we stay in the North East.

Guest the Tews
We have visited Banksia International High on 3 occasions,with a view to our son starting in Jan.2013,and on each visit were impressed by the facilities and low class sizes.We are going to have a look at Golden grove too,should we stay in the North East.

That sounds good, let us know how Golden grove goes, have you seen any others??