vacuming the swimming pool ?

Guest neeks

Guest neeks

help me please,

i have had to flock the pool so all the crap sits on the bottom,which it has done now,

been told to vacume the pool but not sure which pipe goes where etc,i no how to turn the waste bit on on the pump but its the vacuming bit im coonfused with

if anyone local to me at hallett cove could spare 10 mins to show me i would be super gratefull,spent so much money on solutions for the pool etc to get it to this stage i just need a little help with this bit

many thanks

Guest Barney Rubble

Do you have a Kreepy Krawley ?

If so, put the hose onto the skimmer box (can use the Kreepy Krawley attachment or a plain attachment)

select waste and turn on the pump.

Need to be pretty quick as the water goes down the drain. :swoon:

Guest smit
You don't need to turn it to Waste. Keep it on Filter and all of the gunk goes into the filter. Just clean it out afterwards.
Im sure it has to be vacuumed to waste, if you put the flock stuff through your filter it will block quickly

Guest Squareman

Are you talking about flocculant? Why would it be at the bottom of the pool? You're supposed to put it in your filter box.

And let me tell you, the best and easiest flocculant to use is plain old fabric softener..........

Are you talking about flocculant? Why would it be at the bottom of the pool? You're supposed to put it in your filter box.

And let me tell you, the best and easiest flocculant to use is plain old fabric softener..........

I think the flocculant Neeks is referring to is that wonder-stuff I use every time my pool looks cloudy/ green / or just plain nasty!

It's a chemical that binds the small particles suspended in the pool and makes them drop to the pool floor. Then you just vacuum to waste, like Smit said, so that the filter doesn't get clogged up. I'm fair sure the pack of floc actually advises the user to vacuum the residue to waste.

I think you might mean something like a mini-floc thing that I've put in my filter basket so small particles are retained as they go through the filter. That is a lightweight compared to the wonders of a real good, heavy duty, flocculant so all you need to do with that is just backwash before and after using it.

I hate our pool and giving it a good floc is about the only fun I have with it. And I could live without that too! (Mind you, it was really cute when the pobblebonk frog made his home in my filter box last year lol!)

A cartridge filter sounds cool, Ian Mc, and way easier than the hefty, stupid sand one we have!

Pfft to pools!

LC

Guest Barney Rubble

LC your freakin' me out . . . .:unsure:

you have described exactly what i have to do to my/our pool . . . .

I'm thinking that you are :

1. Very close by

2. My wife

3. Stalking me

4. My wife

5. . . . . . . i'm still thinking of No. 5

I Have a cartridge filter, I use an old on to run in winter and the new one in the summer, when im vaccuming the pool i pop the old one back in so i dont clog the new one up so much!!! I then just clean the old one out before the next use!!!

Pools are hard work but the wife and Boy enjoy the pool in the summer!!

If you weren't so far away id come give you a hand!

Steve

LC your freakin' me out . . . .:unsure:

you have described exactly what i have to do to my/our pool . . . .

I'm thinking that you are :

1. Very close by

2. My wife

3. Stalking me

4. My wife

5. . . . . . . i'm still thinking of No. 5

1. Mmn, but no

2. Can't be - unless you were fibbing about you doing the pool. Or unless you are six-foot of handsome hunk (my OH - lol!)

3. Loved your outfit yesterday...made you look hot as ;)

4. Please refer to no.2

5. I'm not prepared to comment

I live to freak people out, so happy to oblige.

:wubclub: LC

don't think you can go to waste, ie down the street, against by laws..

stevo

No, don't worry, Stevo, the 'waste' I was referring goes down a pipe, straight into the sewage system. Or some underground pipe thing inlet specially constructed for the pool.

:wubclub: LC

Sidestep, you put it in the filter basket. The gunge sticks to it, taking it out of the water, which is what a flocculant does.

Hi, I'm always eager to learn new tricks but I don't quite understand this one. TBH I've only ever dealt with my pool so it might just be that my pool is weird - it's certainly old lol!

Anyway, what I can't figure out is...is the fabric conditioner liquid? 'cos if it is, surely it just gets sucked straight through the filter? Does it then circulate round the pool or what? And if it's one of those fabric conditioner sheets, does the algae/whatever particles you want to remove stick to the sheet?

I'm really sorry if I sound thick as but I want to understand and I've never heard this before.

Thanks, :notworthy: LC

Guest neeks

hi guys,

the floc stuff makes all the crap go to the bottom of the pool,it has to be vacumed to waste as its to much for the filter.got somebody coming round to show me where to stick all the pipes etc,i no i have to have the hose pipe filling the pool the same time as when its on waste it takes lots of water out,

im hoping all this will prove to be worth it come summer time lol,or might have to get a paddling pool instead lol