Child Visa (802) Processing Times...

Guest thebeans

Guest thebeans

Hi All

We have just lodged our child visa for our 6 month old daughter, this is an onshore application, myself and husband are PR's living in Adelaide. I just wondered if there is anybody who may have lodged an onshore child visa who could give us an idea of how long this may take. Within 3 days we received a letter from the CO with details of her bridging visa A and a receipt of application.

I have checked on the immi website and this states processing times of up to 14 months! I am hoping that as she is so young and we are PR's they may process this quicker?? Am I living in a dreamworld??

Any help/advice appreciated.

Thanks Emma

Hi All

We have just lodged our child visa for our 6 month old daughter, this is an onshore application, myself and husband are PR's living in Adelaide. I just wondered if there is anybody who may have lodged an onshore child visa who could give us an idea of how long this may take. Within 3 days we received a letter from the CO with details of her bridging visa A and a receipt of application.

I have checked on the immi website and this states processing times of up to 14 months! I am hoping that as she is so young and we are PR's they may process this quicker?? Am I living in a dreamworld??

Thanks Emma

Was your daughter born in Australia when you had PR visa?

If so I thought she would be an Australian citizen from birth.

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/current/

note to self read posters other threads.

Edited by SWMBO

Guest thebeans

Hi there, no unfortunately our daughter was born in the UK, 3 days after our visa was approved so we have to apply for a separate visa for her.

Was your daughter born in Australia when you had PR visa?.

If so I thought she would be an Australian citizen from birth.

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/current/

note to self read posters other threads.

Guest thebeans

She was on a tourist visa (ETA) as this was advised by our original case officer, she is now on a bridging visa as we have lodged her child visa, have you had any experience of this?

Thanks Emma

So what visa is your daughter on at the moment.

Hi All

Thanks Emma

Hi Emma, I don't have any experience of this but the processing times on the website are usually fairly accurate (give or take a month or two) and I doubt the fact your daughter is young and you are on PRs will make any difference. If you are wanting to tracewl out of the country in the meantime you can get a bridging visa B for her which will allow you to travel.

Guest thebeans

Hi NicF

Thanks for your reply, oh well I guess we will just have to wait. The main reason I am querying the waiting time is because we are due to travel to NZ in a few months to see my sister and new baby. I have been told to apply for the bridging visa B but have also been told it may not be granted as we need a more valid reason to travel such as assisting a very sick relative or attending a funeral. I am going to head to the diac office this week to apply in person. Fingers crossed

Thanks Emma

Hi Emma, I don't have any experience of this but the processing times on the website are usually fairly accurate (give or take a month or two) and I doubt the fact your daughter is young and you are on PRs will make any difference. If you are wanting to tracewl out of the country in the meantime you can get a bridging visa B for her which will allow you to travel.

• 1 month later...
Guest weshardy5

hi,

was just reading your thread regarding child visa.

we have just had our son back in april, we were granted a pr visa for all the family on a 176 state sponsered skilled visa for myself. thing is i have been told we need a sepereate child visa subclass 101.

we are planning on emigrating in june ish 2013.

our visa is validated as of last november, were just trying to work out the best way to go around this?

do we get the 101 visa or go down the route you have.

any ideas?

regards

wes,rachel,joshua,tyler and jacob.

Guest thebeans

Hi Weshardy5

Yes it seems you may be in a similar sistuation to us, I think becuase your visa has been issued and validated you will have to apply for a seperate visa for your youngest. As you are still in the UK you could apply for the 101 visa offshore which does work out cheaper $2k instead of $3k if you process onshore, but you would need to make sure the visa will be issued in time for your travel date of June 2013. This option would be better because if you process onshore as we are doing you become the sponsor for your child and waiver any government payments such as family tax/child care support etc for 2 years once you get the visa, and with the cost of living here you really need the payments especially if you are living on 1 wage as we are.

My daughter travelled into Australia on a tourist visa as this was recommended by our CO, I have since read that she could have been refused entry into the country so I dont think that I would advise to do it the way we have. Although we did a printed copy of the email to show border control if there was to be an issue.

I personally would seek advice from your CO, I would check 100% that therre is no way they can add your youngest to your visa, if not try for the offshore approach over onshore. Maybe seek the advise of an agent too.

If you need anything further let me know, feel free to PM me. Good luck!!

Thanks Emma

hi,

was just reading your thread regarding child visa.

we have just had our son back in april, we were granted a pr visa for all the family on a 176 state sponsered skilled visa for myself. thing is i have been told we need a sepereate child visa subclass 101.

we are planning on emigrating in june ish 2013.

our visa is validated as of last november, were just trying to work out the best way to go around this?

do we get the 101 visa or go down the route you have.

any ideas?

regards

wes,rachel,joshua,tyler and jacob.