Can i apply for another visa while on the Tourist visa?

Guest ruairi1980

Guest ruairi1980

Hi folks,

My girlfriend will be moving to Adelaide at the start of November to start her post as a mental health nurse (1 year sposored visa). I have been applying for various jobs through the SA Health website but as yet i've had no joy. I was wondering if i could travel to Adelaide on a Tourist Visa (for say 3/4 months), and once there could i look for a mental health nursing job that would offer me sponsorship. I understand that i cannot work under the Tourist Visa but if i was able to find a job that offered me sponsorship could i then reapply for another visa while in Adelaide, while still under the Tourist visa? i am 32 years old

thanks

Ruairi

Hi

Theoretically yes you can. But I'm pretty sure it's frowned upon to enter the country on a tourist visa with the intention of doing anything other than sight seeing because you are basically lying to immigration about your intentions to travel to Australia.

I'm not saying you couldn't do it but you would have to be careful, have you never watched border security ? Haha.

Hi folks,

My girlfriend will be moving to Adelaide at the start of November to start her post as a mental health nurse (1 year sposored visa). I have been applying for various jobs through the SA Health website but as yet i've had no joy. I was wondering if i could travel to Adelaide on a Tourist Visa (for say 3/4 months), and once there could i look for a mental health nursing job that would offer me sponsorship. I understand that i cannot work under the Tourist Visa but if i was able to find a job that offered me sponsorship could i then reapply for another visa while in Adelaide, while still under the Tourist visa? i am 32 years old

thanks

Ruairi

Possibly, but it would not be as straightforward as you might think.

Guest The travelling brummie's

I know this may ne the obvious option you have looked at and i dont know how old you are but why not get a working holiday visa, Just pon the off chance you havent considered that.

I would say it would be very difficult to do what you are suggesting, you would be lying about your intention, and also i dont know anyone who has been offered sponsorship from a company wthout having worked for them for a period of time.

Cant you go on de facto of her visa have you checked that?