887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

• 2 weeks later...

[TABLE=class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt1, bgcolor: #F9F9F9]We have filled the form couple of days ago and saved it - will press the SUBMIT button tomorrow! All the documents are ready to be attached soon after.

Would love to hear from others who will be submitting the form in the same week or month.

I know it's going to be an anxious wait for all of us so wish you all the best.

Mari

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Guest wijaya

Hi Mari

We've just got our PR on 3 December. We submiitted the application on 19 of October. After that, Immigration requested my wife - as the main applicant- to have a medical. She did in Currie Street and costed around 300 dollars. We also being asked to have Federal Police Certificate. You could do this before or after submission. Other than that all usual stuff that being mentioned in the form.

Guest brogs12

Hi Sunnyside,

We are just doing ours now and it asks for Health Checks. Did you do your application online, or postal?

I thought we only had to do them to gain our temporary visa and just had to re-do Police Checks here??

We submitted ours on 2/1/13 with greatest difficulty! It was so slow and kept on getting technical n error messages!!! It took me almost whole day to submit the form!!! But now we have attached all the required docs as per the checklist.

I was told by others that we do medicals on request and not required for 887 visa. Let's see how it goes. We got police checks done before Christmas holidays.

Guest wijaya

Hi Dulip

if you go to the immigration website, there is a full list of documents you need to submit. Just follow that, except for the medical check, you will be fine.

When you will fill the form, you will be asked about medical, you can't continue if you left it blank.. Just say you haven't done it..

Guest evil_d
Hi Dulip

if you go to the immigration website, there is a full list of documents you need to submit. Just follow that, except for the medical check, you will be fine.

When you will fill the form, you will be asked about medical, you can't continue if you left it blank.. Just say you haven't done it..

thanks for the reply Wijaya,

wonder which method is better online or by post as it goes to different processing centres ?

Guest wijaya

We sent a letter from the employer saying that mentioned when you started the job, how much you were being paid, and the hours. We also sent a couple of payslips from the first weeks, in the middle and at the end of the 12 months. After submission, we were asked to send a tax return. So if you have all of those, just send them over.

For the address, we moved three times in the last 2 years, so we gave the immigration the rental agreement, and also the mortgage statements.

Guest evil_d
We sent a letter from the employer saying that mentioned when you started the job, how much you were being paid, and the hours. We also sent a couple of payslips from the first weeks, in the middle and at the end of the 12 months. After submission, we were asked to send a tax return. So if you have all of those, just send them over.

For the address, we moved three times in the last 2 years, so we gave the immigration the rental agreement, and also the mortgage statements.

thanks for that, did u had to get medicals as well ? how long it took to get ur 887 visa?

A pleasant day to everyone.. My congratulations for those who had been granted visas recently.

Just new to this forum.

I am on a 475 visa as well and still few months away for the 2-year stay condition. Is there any chance that we can apply for the 887 visa if we have not yet fulfilled the 2-Year stay? I have done alreay 18 months of full-time work. Your feedbacks will be much appreciated.

Also interested in the above ^^^

My employers have approached me after 4 months on the 457 saying they want me to consider applying for the PR visa through them again (as per my 457 visa). My understanding was that I needed to be here for a minimum of 2 years before doing this but they advise as long as I have at least 2 years left on my contract (my role is permenant so qualifies) then they can apply at anytime for it. Still not convinced myself.

Also interested in the above ^^^

My employers have approached me after 4 months on the 457 saying they want me to consider applying for the PR visa through them again (as per my 457 visa). My understanding was that I needed to be here for a minimum of 2 years before doing this but they advise as long as I have at least 2 years left on my contract (my role is permenant so qualifies) then they can apply at anytime for it. Still not convinced myself.

KathleenandCraig thank you for the interest on the issue I raised.

Just be advised that the 475 and 457 Visas are totally different. The 475 is the first stage of the 887 pathway to residency.

I am not sure but I think you can be sponsored by your employer to a PR visa even if you have just been employed with them for a short period. DIRECT STREAM I guess but not sure if ENS (186) or RSMS(187) as it willl depend on several criteria.

Hi Mari, Wijaya & Dulip

Can u all give some information about the facilities available in SA for the 475 visa, from your experience. What I mean is, healthcare, equal Job opportunities etc compared to 176. I'm asking this as I hope to apply for 489, which is the substitute of 475.

Appreciate ur comments.

Hi Mari, Wijaya & Dulip

Can u all give some information about the facilities available in SA for the 475 visa, from your experience. What I mean is, healthcare, equal Job opportunities etc compared to 176. I'm asking this as I hope to apply for 489, which is the substitute of 475.

Appreciate ur comments.

Hi Fahi, I have never noticed any difference except healthcare. We were not entitled for Medicare so we had private insurance. It was not too bad. School fees are the same as locals so was good. If you have older kids then Tertiary education may be a problem as you have to pay international fees.

With regards to jobs it was never an issue for me. I got my first job soon after I started looking for one. But some jobs require PR holders.

A pleasant day to everyone.. My congratulations for those who had been granted visas recently.

Just new to this forum.

I am on a 475 visa as well and still few months away for the 2-year stay condition. Is there any chance that we can apply for the 887 visa if we have not yet fulfilled the 2-Year stay? I have done alreay 18 months of full-time work. Your feedbacks will be much appreciated.

Hi bolo,

I am in a similar boat as you. Did you find any answer to this question?

Cheers,

md8008

Hi bolo,

I am in a similar boat as you. Did you find any answer to this question?

Cheers,

md8008

Hi md8008,

I have not received answers yet to my queries. I read on another thread that somebody has been able to avail 887 visa without having completed 2 years but he didn't elaborated all the details.

I am hoping others will give us more insights.

• 2 weeks later...

Thread has been very quite. Everyone might have been very busy lately.

Please I need your help everyone…

As mentioned earlier, I am on 475 Visa. Approved April 2011 and activated here in SA June 2011. I was luckily employed full-time since July 2011.

Last February 2012, my employer was willing to sponsor me for a PR visa (857 that time). Getting a PR visa sooner, the better for me and my family as a whole. We really wanted to be settled here in Australia and so I grabbed the opportunity.

Processing of the application and sourcing out needed documents started Feb 2012. Sad to say some delays were encountered during the processing. HR in charge went for holidays, documents submitted by company to agent were incomplete, some incorrectly filled up and many other issues.

As new policies were issued on July 1, 2012, I needed to take IELTS as my previous IELTS result used during the Skills Assessment was already expired. (Other added time and expense incurred)

To cut the story short, FORMAL VISA LODGMENT (187 DRC) only took place Oct., 2012. Visa acknow. Received Nov. 2012. No news since then..

Now I got questions in mind that bothers me. I am only 4 months away to satisfy the 2–year condition stay with the 475 visa so I will be qualified to apply for the 2nd stage of the visa (887) by then.

1). If in case my 187 visa won’t still be approved until June, can I lodged a separate PR Visa 887?

2). On the other hand, if my 187 visa got approved before June 2013, can I still apply for 887 Visa?

It may sound weird but just to have a security for myself and to be free of conditions to my employer. In fairness No problems with employer so far. Happy with the job and pay. But nobody knows though what happens in the future.

Please be kind to give your feedbacks.

Hi Mari

We are about to submit our application online (noted on website can only do it online, no more postal applications) , but I would like to know when are you given the TRN number? I was advised by the helpdesk to only pay for the application after you have been here two years and not before, so how can we upload doc's before hand? It keeps asking for a TRN number. Please advise, thank you, Rory

Hi Rory,

All the required details are available on their website

http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/general-skilled-migration.htm#b

We started our application here and saved it. Submitted the application the day we completed 2 yrs.

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/app/uu?form=GSMA

Go to the below link to revisit the Form until you submit it. You will not be able to access it after you submit it and then you get 28 days to attached the supporting documents. You will not be able to attach any documents until you have submitted the application.

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/attachment/start.do?attachType=VISA_APPLICATION&group=travel

Hope the above helps.

Good luck with your visa.

Edited by sunnyside
Spelling