887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

You can travel and your application won't be placed on hold. If you are granted a visa, you will receive pre-grant email requesting you to come back to Australia because 887 visa demands the visa to be granted while in Australia. All you need to worry is if you are on bridging visa A you may have to get another bridging visa that will enable you to come back to Australia. But if you current visa is still active, u don't need to worry.

This is based on my research and information from immigration and other individual. You can also research further for your own perusal.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot.

Guys I call the immi they said processing could b more slower they said just wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe they are pointing towards recent changes in timeframe. Also, when the status has changed to assessment in progress, it says on the immiaccount that they would not respond to any query regarding the status. As far as your case is concerned, i think you are going to get pr soon. I know it is very frustrating to wait. Can i ask you what docs were you requested last time?

Hi all, I spoke with immigration Extensively couples of days ago. Firstly we all need to understand that 887 is not on the priority processing list even though it had an initial time frame of 6 months. The guy i spoke with told me that they are not meeting up with the 6 months service standards thats why it was increased. 75% of cases to be finalised by 7months while 90% by 10months. You can only make a complain once you hit 10 months and 1 day.

Another thing he mentioned is that if you have any job offer from any Australian government agencies, you can ask the HR team to issue you a letter stating they require your service but need you to be permanent resident and with the letter contact immigration and they will grant your visa on compassionate ground.

The service standards of 7-10 months will be reviewed monthly it can increase or reduced depending on the percentage of cases pending.

I am 6 months and a day, I know how we all feel. I have missed 2 offers cos of my visa status. Immigration and prison job but i wasn't able to get a letter from the HR. Lets believe in God and keep our faith Alive. Bless you all. We will all get our grant

Hi all, I spoke with immigration Extensively couples of days ago. Firstly we all need to understand that 887 is not on the priority processing list even though it had an initial time frame of 6 months. The guy i spoke with told me that they are not meeting up with the 6 months service standards thats why it was increased. 75% of cases to be finalised by 7months while 90% by 10months. You can only make a complain once you hit 10 months and 1 day.

Another thing he mentioned is that if you have any job offer from any Australian government agencies, you can ask the HR team to issue you a letter stating they require your service but need you to be permanent resident and with the letter contact immigration and they will grant your visa on compassionate ground.

The service standards of 7-10 months will be reviewed monthly it can increase or reduced depending on the percentage of cases pending.

I am 6 months and a day, I know how we all feel. I have missed 2 offers cos of my visa status. Immigration and prison job but i wasn't able to get a letter from the HR. Lets believe in God and keep our faith Alive. Bless you all. We will all get our grant

Thankyou 887me for encouraging us:). I think we all are just getting impatient as we waited already for 2years and was expecting that our applications will get assessed quickly. But somehow it does feel kind of unfair that the timeframe was increased. I am not sure if this includes older applications or newer applications or both.

Edited by Var887

Thats true and 887me explained it very well. Thanks for that.

We have seen past few weeks that most of the applications are processed in 6 to 7 months time frame

I have also realised that people who have applied on the basis of taxi are being asked again and again for payslips and other documents to satisfy the employment evidence and also they are asking medicals for babies. And other factors like incomplete applications and insufficient proofs leads to delay. And thats why i was believing that pr process was taking 6-7months earlier as some people received direct grant after 3 months. But yes you are right because of extensive applications it is difficult to process each file within the 6months timeframe.

Could you please tell what document did your co asked for?

My country is listed in polio vaccine list. So CO asked me new polio certificate that is totally wrong coz immi website clearly says that if you are applying outside of Australia then you need to submit it. We submitted it 2 years back when we came to Australia and since then never left the country.

You can get your visa within 3 months if your documents are complete. 10-20 or 30% can be completed early. As the number of months increases the rate of cases decreases. Everyone is different. I was also asked polio certificate which i used during 489. I have never left Australia since then. I call the immunisation clinic and health direct. I was told polio vaccination last for 10 years as an adult unless you have a contact with someone affected by polio which wasn't the case. So I had to provide the latest vaccination certificate.

You can get your visa within 3 months if your documents are complete. 10-20 or 30% can be completed early. As the number of months increases the rate of cases decreases. Everyone is different. I was also asked polio certificate which i used during 489. I have never left Australia since then. I call the immunisation clinic and health direct. I was told polio vaccination last for 10 years as an adult unless you have a contact with someone affected by polio which wasn't the case. So I had to provide the latest vaccination certificate.

Well i sent ny co tge further docs required on 7 February..l hope for the best