887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2017/04/20/new-citizenship-test-heres-what-changing

Am stunned.. and see it as unfair, we are supposed to be provisional PR

This is very sad. I was so excited to get closer to the citizenship. Well... one step at the time I guess, this is all we can do. We are already privileged to be where we are.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by Owla

Yeah now we have to wait 4 years after getting PR before we can apply for citizenship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How stupid is this...

After waiting all these years.. now wait an other 4yrs...

And the worst part is the English language requirement again... It can be ielts or something else... Arghhh

Stupid rules I tell u...

We don't know the fine print of the new policy. People who came on 489 or 190 or have studied a Certificate IV and above in australia does not need to prove competent English.

I personally like the government's decision though I'm impacted as well. It was necessary for to do it. As I have seen people just wait for the PR to jump on CentreLink payment. Which is hurting the tax payers like me. As I don't have any plans to go on Centrelink as we like to work. The changes doesn't effect my family. This is just my opinion. Personally I'm happy with the changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although it would nt change their decision..but they are expecting people feedback till june 7th as per the dibp website, we can write them and remind them that there are people on 489 and 887 needs to be put in consideration:(

I agree with that one, being on a skilled migration and having gone though English test and skills assessment it feels a bit weird to have to prove again that we can speak English and be employed...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Being very close to my citizenship( due earlier on 9th Sep 2017), i was very happy that in next 6-8 months time, i will be Australian citizen and then will be eligible to apply some of Australian govt. Jobs who basically required Citizen to apply, but sudden changes in Citizenship policy, might affect this and now i have to wait until Jan 2020 as i got my PR only last year in January

I believe govt. should exempt people who waited so long already for their PR and this policy should execute on New migrants who arrived in Australia recently or will arrive after today..

Although, this is my opinion but seems people here like me have to wait long now to become Citizen.

English requirement in the form of IELTS is stupid Idea as every migrants here in Australia came after submitted there Valid IELTS or EPT. Then no way they want us to do again the same. we are working and employed and speaking English at work so what else they want ?

Disappointed but support the govt. decision

Edited by KRAZZY10

yes, its true, they should apply these rules on new migrants. I guess they will only allow the Australian Citizen for their opinion. It's all about politics as the Government is now facing problem due jobs crises and so load is increased on benefits scheme. I agree with "nottysaint" about the Centrelink point. As far as English concern, then anyone has or will be completed Australian education or continue engaging with skilled jobs will be excluded from English requirement at the time citizenship as per my understanding. Also, I guess they will strengthen the residency requirements, particularly for new migrants. Let's see how they come up.

Already there is a rule that the migrants who arrived on PR Visa, must have to wait for 4 years before they can apply Citizenship like 189, 190 etc. so these changes might affect people who are on 887 visa no matter when they got PR.Seems they are going to apply these rules from 1st June onward, so whoever are waiting to apply for citizenship before that, believe to be safe.

UK and US already toughen their Immigration rules and that's why no more Immigration for them as they believe in their Values. Similarly, Australia is following them and why not being a member of commonwealth and very close to UK and US, must have to happy them to show Australia values their friends and is a great follower.

I wish everybody best of luck and must say that whatever changes may take place in coming days, shouldn't affect the already migrants here especially those whoa are/were on TR visa's as those people already waited 2-3 years to become PR.

Edited by KRAZZY10

Thanks, mate, you don't need to submit health assessment for non-migrating family members. Just send your 1023 if there's an error in your data files. Goodluck

Congratulations Punjabtoowoomba

would you please tell me if your application status on ImmiAccount changed from

"Application received" to "Assessment in progress" since you lodged your visa tell the golden email or not?

Quoted from DIBP Page on facebook, that was their

Hi everyone,

The Government is planning to introduce these new changes into the Parliament by the end of 2017. However, all proposed changes that pass in the Parliament will apply to all Citizenship applications received on or after 20 April 2017.

Therefore, we cannot pre-assess how these new proposed changes might affect your Citizenship application or eligibility to apply for Australian Citizenship

We recommend you read more about these proposed changes and how to submit your views on them from our website here: http://www.border.gov.au/ReportsandPublications/Documents/discussion-papers/citizenship-paper.pdf'>http://www.border.gov.au/ReportsandPublications/Documents/discussion-papers/citizenship-paper.pdf

Further information on different aspects of the reforms to Australian Citizenship and their impact will be published on our website at http://www.border.gov.au in due course.

Thank you.

we got an email from team 10 today requesting our oversea police certificates which we have provided in Jan 2017. The immigration agent said the team sometimes will miss out the information provided. In my opinion, that's completely waste of time as we have to submit the same information again and wait again - god knows how long we are going to wait.

I asked our immigration agent to emailed team 10 back and explained that we have provided the information but has to submit it again since they have missed them out. Its so frustrating as we should have got the PR today as we have been waiting for almost 11 months.

i am thinking to make a complaint about this. What do you suggest?

Edited by Dayouxia

we got an email from team 10 today requesting our oversea police certificates which we have provided in Jan 2017. The immigration agent said the team sometimes will miss our the information provided. In my opinion, that's completely waste of time as we have to submitted the same information again and wait for god know how long to get a reply.

I asked our immigration agent to emailed team 10 back and explained that we have provided the information but has to submit it again since they have missed them out. Its so frustrating as we should have got the PR today as we have been waiting for almost 11 months.

i am thinking to make a complaint about this. What do you suggest?

I think you totally should complain about this.

It looks like they dont wanna clear the pending list soon...i was contacted by CO yesterday asking for a business card...provided "all" documents...i dont understand what is to do with business card now which was not mentioned in the list before and they specifically asked for it now...sent it yesterday itself...i feel like this wait is not gonna end soon...n the rules changed which is soo disgusting..very very disappointed... :(