887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi Mari

Thanks for the reply. The website is misleading, saying you can upload documents before lodgement, but the immigration department specifically stated the lodgement date will be the date you paid, and if you paid before your two years , your application will become void. I think I will wait until the 2 Feb, and then pay, upload and submit. This way I don't have any technical issues.

Thanks again

Rory

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mari,

have you received any communication from DIAC. I have also applied for 887 on 2-1-2013. So far no response from DIAC.

Regards,

Tapas

Hi,

We are on 475 visa and will be completing 2 years end of this year. We are in the process of preparing the required documents for the 887 visa.

Would like to hear from you if you have recently applied for this visa or granted one.

Thanks

Mari

Thanks Mari for such a quick reply. Earlier I had heard that applicants used to get this visa very quickly. Moreover, as far as processing time is concerned, they mention it to be 4 weeks from the date of lodgement. Anyway, we can only wait.

Regards,

Tapas

Hi Tapas, no news yet. It's been only 4 weeks.

Will update the forum when we hear from them.

Hi Dulip

if you go to the immigration website, there is a full list of documents you need to submit. Just follow that, except for the medical check, you will be fine.

When you will fill the form, you will be asked about medical, you can't continue if you left it blank.. Just say you haven't done it..

Hi,

From memory (we applied 18 months ago online) we had to book an appoitnment for our medicals and put the reference number on the application. However we were told not to go for the medicals unless requested and they were never requested and so the appointment was cancelled.

Regards,

Kerry

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rajne

Good Day Everyone,

Just started following this thread ...

I have applied for my 887 Visa on the 26 FEB 2013

Hope i have submitted all the docs needed for a successful application

Hope Everything goes well ... fingerscrossed.gif

Edited by Rajne

Guest brogs12

Hi Mari,

We're on 475 and have already completed our 2 years. We submitted the application on 9th January and then attached our docs shortly after (I think a couple of days after). Hopefully (for us) we will be a few weeks before you, so I will let you know how it progresses.

I uploaded the docs as the checklist a couple of days afterwards, but you can't see that on the 'Check your application status window'. Does anyone know if that is normal? When I go to attach the docs, it shows that they have all been attached - so I guess we just sit and wait??

No news from them but we called Immigration today!!!!!!??????

They said that a CO has been allocated to us and CO will contact us if further docs required. I guess its a standard reply.

No further information was given and our page also has not been updated. I think they give us 28 days to upload the documents and after that it just stays that way if they dont update the system.

I have read that some people have got the visa grant letter and their page still hasn't changed. So no worries.

Will keep you all updated.

Mari

Guest Rajne
No news from them but we called Immigration today!!!!!!??????

They said that a CO has been allocated to us and CO will contact us if further docs required. I guess its a standard reply.

No further information was given and our page also has not been updated. I think they give us 28 days to upload the documents and after that it just stays that way if they dont update the system.

I have read that some people have got the visa grant letter and their page still hasn't changed. So no worries.

Will keep you all updated.

Mari

If CO is assigned to your case i reckon its matter of days to get your PR

I have been following couple of other forums...

Some have called immigration and got the same answer which you had today.. and got their visa approved in Few days..

So it should not be very long .... !!

Best of Luck.. Plz share when you get it

Guest Rajne
No updates on my visa so far. Still waiting.

Tapas

Not much of 887 visas was granted in the month of Feb... !!

Checked couple of forums ... !!

I reckon they will clear them in a lot ...

I applied on 26 Feb..

When sunnyside and You get your visa .. then i will get mine ...

Waiting is very hard ..... :(

Guest want_887

Hi Guys

New to this forum and submit the 887 application 3 months ago. Still no reply and haven't contact the department. Any news from you guys?

Thanks.

Guest Rajne

Nope .. Nothing still .. Called Immi 2day Processing Time is 2 months

So did you apply on Dec 2012 ..!!

That's a long time for 887 .. Have you called immi

Possibly they have halted the 887 visa for a while ...

Strange .. Cos My friends applied last year ( 2012 ) on Feb

They got their visas in max 10 days ...

One guy got 887 in 6 Hrs ... Applied in Morning got in the evening ... !!

Guest want_887
Nope .. Nothing still .. Called Immi 2day Processing Time is 2 months

So did you apply on Dec 2012 ..!!

That's a long time for 887 .. Have you called immi

Possibly they have halted the 887 visa for a while ...

Strange .. Cos My friends applied last year ( 2012 ) on Feb

They got their visas in max 10 days ...

One guy got 887 in 6 Hrs ... Applied in Morning got in the evening ... !!

Thanks. Yes I submit 887 application last yesr (2012) December.

I also thought the same thing as you are guessing. Before August last year, most peoples got their visas within 2-3 months. Something change or huge back log to clear.

Only thing is wait and see.

Guest brogs12

We are on the 475 now and applied in January. We have attached the docs, but there is no status update and I haven't heard from immi at all.

I am assuming there is just a back log as the same as you, I know people that received their visa really quickly this time last year.

I will update when I hear something.

Not much of 887 visas was granted in the month of Feb... !!

Checked couple of forums ... !!

I reckon they will clear them in a lot ...

I applied on 26 Feb..

When sunnyside and You get your visa .. then i will get mine ...

Waiting is very hard ..... :(

Good day everyone! I just wonder if anyone on 887 got approved this 2013? I have not read anyone who was lucky to be granted.

Processing has been too slow nowadays..

Guest Rajne
So far no news. For me 3 months finished.

Hi Want_887 ,

Three months is a long time .. Please contact Immi and ask

2 months is the Processing Time for 887 Visa ..

• 2 weeks later...