887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Guest Devi-887

HI

i am going to fill the online appication form for 887 visa and i am got stuck on the way at one question that is visa grant number and i am on 487 visa and i got electronic copy my visa not label on my passport . while i entered the visa grant number the system said its not correct formatt . so i am not getting proceed further . can any body help me.

devi

Guest Raj A
HI

i am going to fill the online appication form for 887 visa and i am got stuck on the way at one question that is visa grant number and i am on 487 visa and i got electronic copy my visa not label on my passport . while i entered the visa grant number the system said its not correct formatt . so i am not getting proceed further . can any body help me.

devi

​Hi devi

One thing for sure is you cannot apply online until it is 2 years for 487. For example you cannot apply today if your visa was granted after 25 April 2012.

If yours is over 2 years then may be networking maintenance problem. For this try again next day

Guest Devi-887
​Hi devi One thing for sure is you cannot apply online until it is 2 years for 487. For example you cannot apply today if your visa was granted after 25 April 2012. If yours is over 2 years then may be networking maintenance problem. For this try again next day

thanks rajA

Guest MURALIGANESH

Hi devi..

as per 887 check list, form 47a required for the people who are 18 yrs and over. my lil one is 2.5yrs, i did not fill any form for her

murali

Hi everyone!!!

i am new to this forum and I am going to apply 887 visa next week . Can any body tell me that do I need to fill form 47 a for my little one who is just 9 months old. Any suggestion would be appreciated!!!!!

​devi

Guest MURALIGANESH

If you are not sure, best way to know it by calling dept., on general number..

On Tuesday I got letter from case officer, they required me to fill form 47a, in that form they required me to fill main support financial sources , but I wonder I have to prove the financial sources i fill in this form or not, and how can I prove it? my son is over 18 years old. Who know about that? thank you

Guest MURALIGANESH

I dont think case officer will attend our call, we can talk to executive who attends your call and tell them what exactly you are looking for..

Alternately, if you receive some mail from case officer by requesting Docs or information, you can reply to the same Email by mentioning the case officer and your file no in Subject..

Hi SRAZ,

How did u contact your case officer?

Because when I called, it is a general inquiry number and got normal response that routine checks are going on.

​Any one else knows how to contact case officer.

Guest merlino

Hi guys

Thought I might post in here, since I know some of you guys are 475ers (not many now!)

I am about to reach my 2nd year of living+working in Adelaide in May '13 (yes time flies!), and now I am going to embark on a PR application

I have some questions in mind, bearing in mind I have done my own research before posting here. I hope some of you will be able to help me!

1. What is the visa subclass for 475 -> PR? I read it is the 887? I would like to know if this is the best (or only) subclass for PR?

2. Evidence of living - I will be sending, A. Bank account statements B. PAYG, I hope these are sufficient? Would love to hear from fellow 475ers on your experience

3. My passport will be expiring in 2014, I am not sure if this will affect my PR application?

Thanks for all the help guys!

Guest Raj A
Hi guys

Thought I might post in here, since I know some of you guys are 475ers (not many now!)

I am about to reach my 2nd year of living+working in Adelaide in May '13 (yes time flies!), and now I am going to embark on a PR application

I have some questions in mind, bearing in mind I have done my own research before posting here. I hope some of you will be able to help me!

1. What is the visa subclass for 475 -> PR? I read it is the 887? I would like to know if this is the best (or only) subclass for PR?

2. Evidence of living - I will be sending, A. Bank account statements B. PAYG, I hope these are sufficient? Would love to hear from fellow 475ers on your experience

3. My passport will be expiring in 2014, I am not sure if this will affect my PR application?

Answers

1 Dont know sorry

2 Immigration says...

Documents to confirm your residence in a Specified Regional Area may include, but are not limited to:

• title deeds to your residential property
  • school reports
  • leases
  • bills, such as telephone, gas, electricity that show your residential address.

3 All passorts should have validity of at least six months at the time of application. My suggestion is if u can renew it before applying wd be great coz who knows how long your application processing will take.

Guest merlino
Hi guys

Hi

Thanks

3 All passorts should have validity of at least six months at the time of application. My suggestion is if u can renew it before applying wd be great coz who knows how long your application processing will take.

My passport expires in Jan 2014, and I am very likely going to start the application in May 2013, so that should be 6 months I believe?

Yes getting my passport renewed is on the top of my list, but I would need to travel back to my country to pick up the passport which would not be anytime soon (probably later part of the year). So I was thinking if I could start the application in the mean time first.

Since last 20 dec i have not found anyone who has granted 887 visa.... No idea what immi dept doing.... Or they have intention to delay 887 for six months as there website says processing time 6 months for 887....

if you call there query they ususlly say that there has been delay or visa officer allocated but majority of applicants do not get any email from visa officer confirmimg that...

Hi SRAZ,

How did u contact your case officer?

Because when I called, it is a general inquiry number and got normal response that routine checks are going on.

​Any one else knows how to contact case officer.

If you are allocated to Case officer, with the confirmation of email they have contact details ( i am not sure if i am the lucky one only but i got it from His email and i just called)

Guest brogs12

Hi,

I have just heard from case worker! Very exciting as it's the first time and it means I am moving forward;

- Applied online 9th Jan and uploaded docuements as the checklist

- Called general enquiries number a few weeks ago and told to wait 2 weeks as I had just been assigned a case worker

- Called general enquiries number last week and was told that I had changed case workers and was given the case workers details (this was volunteered to me and I didn't need to ask, so I would suggest this just depends on where you are in the process)

- I called the case worker yesterday and left a voicemail

- Received an email today for me to supply evidence of employment and my partner to have new police checks done from the UK. We have already submitted checks from Australia, but as he went back to the UK for a little while, I assume it is to cover that

So, now we need to wait for Police Checks to come back from the UK and can re-submit.

At least things are moving, so fingers crossed it will be soon.

I will let you know when we submit the new paperwork and get a response.

Good luck to everyone else!

Guest Rajne
Hi,

I have just heard from case worker! Very exciting as it's the first time and it means I am moving forward;

- Called general enquiries number a few weeks ago and told to wait 2 weeks as I had just been assigned a case worker

- Called general enquiries number last week and was told that I had changed case workers and was given the case workers details (this was volunteered to me and I didn't need to ask, so I would suggest this just depends on where you are in the process)

- Received an email today for me to supply evidence of employment and my partner to have new police checks done from the UK. We have already submitted checks from Australia, but as he went back to the UK for a little while, I assume it is to cover that

So, now we need to wait for Police Checks to come back from the UK and can re-submit.

Phew.... Some good news .. Good to know that a case officer is assigned for you ... :)

​Best of luck mate ....

Guest Vickie

Hi Mari,

Good Luck. We submitted end of Jan and still waiting to hear from Case Officer. I would be most grateful if you could tell me what the online documents requested are. When we submitted, the computer crashed and although the application was lodged, we did not receive the list of documents required. I have the list for the old paper applications but it states that the online application differs. If anyone could clarify this I'd be most grateful.

Friends of ours applied last year at the same time and received PR in 6 weeks. Ours and friends of ours who applied at the same time is somewhat slower. As you probably know, Immigration experienced some issues with their systems so they may have a backlog. I have heard many different stories regarding health checks and the Officer I spoke to yesterday told me to go ahead and do them but could not provide reason why some have to and some don't.

Many Thanks,

Vickie

Guest Vickie

That's very encouraging news! As I peruse this forum, I get the impression there are no hard and fast rules....we're all after the same visa and everyone has a different story :-) Good Luck to us all....

Guest Vickie

Sorry for so many initial posts, still figuring this out.

For those doing online applications, did you submit the lengthy Form 80 please?

Thanks.

Guest Devi-887
The case officer is assigned for me too but still have alot of problem, haven't got visa yet :arghh:

Don't worry duyhoang89 . You will get a visa grant letter soon.gud luck

Edited by Devi-887

Guest Devi-887
Hi,

Finally the processing for 2013 application started . Hopefully everybody get their visa soon . Good luck!!!!!:arghh:

Guest Devi-887
Sorry for so many initial posts, still figuring this out.

For those doing online applications, did you submit the lengthy Form 80 please?

Thanks.

Yes , every body have to submit form 80 as it is one of the requirement in the checklist for 887 visa

Guest Rajne

Form 80 is not necessary for online application because you fill the form 80 questions in the online form ... ( Check the questions in the form 80 it will be similar )

Case officer may request it , if he/she wants more info about your personal and character assesment

Guest Rajne
The case officer is assigned for me too but still have alot of problem, haven't got visa yet :arghh:

I understand your frustration mate....! I am pretty sure your visa is just around the corner ...

​Best of Luck

Guest duyhoang89

I lived in Malaysia from 2003 to 2005 so case officer require me to give him my police clearance at that time. Any body have experience to get police clearance as quick as possible? Plz help me :(:dull: