seaford primary/seaford rise/Port Noarlunga or McLarenVale

Guest miraclebabycaw

Guest miraclebabycaw

I know this has been discussed before but just wondering if there are updates to the schools. We have enrolled my son at PN for the interim as we were staying there temporarily until moving now into a rental in seaford rise. I have visited Seaford Rise and was very pleased with the admin staff but as everyone knows it's the teachers that make the difference. We are just out of the area for Moana so that is not an option. Some have recommended McLaren Vale as well. My son is a very "nice" child and will go to reception or year 1. He is a bit inbetween so for age he should go to year 1 but hasn't had a full year of formal schooling so Seaford have recommended that he goes to reception and they can see for a while how quickly he catches up and then possibly move him to year 1 as soon as he is ready. This is the first school that has said this. PN and Marion Sunrise both said he would have to go to Reception. I like PN as well. I really wanted him to go to Calvery Lutheran but they do not have space for him and there is a waiting list already. I am not too sure if I am keen on All Saints but will go see them as well.

Can I get some updated recommendations please with all the above schools?

Thanks

Guest sedgecl

Hi

Both my boys go to Seaford Rise Primary, and I have to say that so far I am really pleased.:) We did try to get them into Mclaren Vale but there was only room for one of the boys. They started in Septmeber last year, my youngest seems to be working better here than the UK. I agree what you say about the teachers, as they do make the school, both boys had good teachers and hopefully they will again this year. It is a lovely school, do it give it go..

Good luck in making your choice.

Guest Guest6899

Hiya, wasnt sure if you were aware that some of the schools you mentioned are private and others public schools so there is a cost implication to be factored in.. my son has just finished port noarlunga primary and we had no concerns but its a personal decision.

Guest miraclebabycaw
Hiya, wasnt sure if you were aware that some of the schools you mentioned are private and others public schools so there is a cost implication to be factored in.. my son has just finished port noarlunga primary and we had no concerns but its a personal decision.

Hi Baggienurse..yes thanks I am aware of the cost implications. We can probably do the Calvery Lutheran or All Saints fees but not more than that. I also have a daughter who is going to year 7 so 2 lots of fees.

PN is nice, just a bit concerned with all the upheaval right now. Also my son is a quiet really nice little boy and I am really worried about bullying because he is really a "lover not a fighter" and I am concerned he might get "lost" in the upheaval going on at PN with the new building and everything and all the reception kids being in one class. A couple of people I know have moved their young one's from there to Calvary because they were not getting the attention they needed in reception. Other than that I thought the school was great