Advice on areas - morphetville, Henley beach & west beach?

guspjmh

Hi all! Really enjoying my reccie so far - although the weather has gone from superb to abysmal - I think I brought the rain with me!

we are enjoying the southern suburbs but we'd like things slightly busier, so looking ate the areas above. Does anyone have any advice on these areas?

Cheers,,

Gus.

If you want to be nearer the city and near the beach there are lots of suburbs to chose from. West Beach and Henley Beach are both nice beachfront suburbs but can be very expensive (although houses in West Beach near the airport are a lot cheaper). West Beach is very quiet (apart from the planes), Henley Beach is busier with 2 high schools, nightlife (cafes/restaurants) around Henley Square. Morphetville, well it's main claim to fame is being on the tramline to Glenelg and having the racecourse - there are heaps of similar suburbs like Camden Park, Plympton, Glengowrie - just look at the map. Glenelg is reasonably busy and by the beach but of course that makes it expensive. I think you just need to drive around, get a feel for places, look on realestate to see how expensive houses are, then decide whether you like the general atmosphere of the place. Lots of Adelaide suburbs are pretty bland and it's difficult to tell sometimes why some are more expensive than others. Look at public transport links, schools, shops etc. I don't think you will find anywhere with a busy atmosphere approaching that of inner city UK.

No, didn't explain too well, just meant closer proximity to town and more populated areas.

We are renting just away from Henley in Lockleys - it's a very quiet area, brilliant for bike rides down the linear park to the beach and we are finding the general area decent. Lots of choice in terms of shopping and places to chill out along the coast. Getting into the city is too easy on the bus. The down side - it's expensive to buy here and as we are starting to feel a bit more settled, we are now having to consider a move which means up rooting kiddies from school again. I would say it's the hardest part of our whole move - trying to determine the area that's right for us. Good luck!