Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Title
      Birmingham, UK and now settled in Seacliff Park
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Tamara,

We are looking at moving to Port Noarlunga asap (as soon as house is sold by April May I hope) and wondered what the best way would be for me to research school and colleges for my children daugher will be 17 and son 13 and will I have any problems getting them into schools and colleges on the 489 Visa are there any restrictions as a friend of mine who has recently moved to WA on 489 visa has said there are many restrictions with her childrens education there.

Bal.
      IELTS L7.0,R8.5, W7.0, S7.5 Overall 7.5 - March 2013, Vetassess submitted 19/2/2013, Approved 24/5/2013. Reccie to WA 31/7/2013 - 16/8/2013. EOI for 489 Visa Lodged 30/08/2013. Application approved 18/10/2013. Visa Application Lodged 30/10/2013. PCC's sent 08/11/2013. PCC's sent to Agent 20/11/13. Medicals 14/12/2013. CO allocated 3/1/14.VISA GRANTED 10/01/2014!! Fly to SA 13/4/2014 Still living the dream!! Submitted 887 visa 15/4/16. Golden ticket 887 received 31/8/16

Title
      Port Noarlunga, Adelaide, South Australia
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Howde View Post
      One reason we like living in Tea Tree Gully Council is the proximity to places like Linear Park and Anstey Hill. Great for walking and nature spotting.
      Linear park follows the Torrens River from the Adelaide Hills through the city and to the coast. You can walk, run or cycle the entire length if you wish and my journey to work on the O-Bahn follows Linear Park, very peaceful to view on my 10min ride. Doorstep to desk in North Terrace in around 30mins.

Linear Park is a few minute walk from our house and a great place to run the dog. They are allowed off-lead on our side of the river, but must be on lead on the Athelstone side.

Attachment 7322

Attachment 7323

My dogs favourite swimming spot
      Attachment 7324

Attachment 7325

The O-Bahn
      Attachment 7326

Waterworld
      http://www.teatreegully.sa.gov.au/page.aspx?u=788

I can't post anymore photos, apparently only allowed 5. Don't know how Tamara did it?

Some Suburbs in The Gully region
      http://www.teatreegully.sa.gov.au/page.aspx?u=732
      Looks absolutely stunning! The entire Torrens River area is pristine location.

The system let me load 30 images which is why I had to have Part 2! Maybe the mods can combine them together? Try loading the next batch on a separate thread following your first one...that will be your part 2!!!

Tamara
      Adelaide Furnished Rentals. MIGRANT and HOLIDAY HOMES with unlimited internet in popular PORT NOARLUNGA. Walk to beaches, shops, stations. McLaren Vale 12, city 30 mins, beaches 2 mins away. Longer rentals (3 to 12 month) at discounted rates. Australian Business Number: 65261457068

www.homesdownunder.com.au

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Bal67 View Post
      Tamara,

We are looking at moving to Port Noarlunga asap (as soon as house is sold by April May I hope) and wondered what the best way would be for me to research school and colleges for my children daugher will be 17 and son 13 and will I have any problems getting them into schools and colleges on the 489 Visa are there any restrictions as a friend of mine who has recently moved to WA on 489 visa has said there are many restrictions with her childrens education there.

Bal.
      Hi Bal,
      It's been a number of years since I moved here and the visa classifications and conditions have all changed. I am not the expert to advise you on the 489 visa...sorry.(wish that I knew more!) I would post your question on a new thread as there are people on here who can better answer this one.
      There are high schools, colleges and the local TAFE depending upon the area of study for your 17 year old daughter. Your son would also have a choice of schools either government or private (subsidised).

Tamara
      Adelaide Furnished Rentals. MIGRANT and HOLIDAY HOMES with unlimited internet in popular PORT NOARLUNGA. Walk to beaches, shops, stations. McLaren Vale 12, city 30 mins, beaches 2 mins away. Longer rentals (3 to 12 month) at discounted rates. Australian Business Number: 65261457068

Title
      Birmingham, UK and now settled in Seacliff Park
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Thanks Tamara,

I will do that and I will also come back to you on one of your rentals in Port Noarlunga when I have dates.

Bal
      IELTS L7.0,R8.5, W7.0, S7.5 Overall 7.5 - March 2013, Vetassess submitted 19/2/2013, Approved 24/5/2013. Reccie to WA 31/7/2013 - 16/8/2013. EOI for 489 Visa Lodged 30/08/2013. Application approved 18/10/2013. Visa Application Lodged 30/10/2013. PCC's sent 08/11/2013. PCC's sent to Agent 20/11/13. Medicals 14/12/2013. CO allocated 3/1/14.VISA GRANTED 10/01/2014!! Fly to SA 13/4/2014 Still living the dream!! Submitted 887 visa 15/4/16. Golden ticket 887 received 31/8/16

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Great posts this and part 2. One of the best in a while. Fantastic photos.
      Living In Adelaide Since Jan 2012 And Loving It

Title
      Retired Member
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Toodolou View Post
      Lovely pictures thanks , I am finding it hard to grasp how a suburb with such. A small population has so many great facilities. A shopping mall too? Where I live in the UK small town with population of over 30000 people all we have is a cinema , and a high street full of charity shops , phone shops and estate agents . Our parks for kids are a joke ! If I want to buy decent clothes I drive to a bigger town 30 mins away / city . Or buy online.
      Bear in mind that Noarlunga is like a central hub for the City of Onkaparinga, population around $165,000. So the facilities cater for a much larger pop than the town itself. The coastal regions are also a holiday destination, so the population will increase in the holiday season, providing some support for business in the area.

When researching areas, look at the Council (City) the town or suburb is situated in, this will give a picture of facilities that are available within a short proximity.

Colonades is a reasonably small shopping centre and many people will travel to Marion Shopping Centre - which is huge! - for more choice.

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Howde View Post
      Bear in mind that Noarlunga is like a central hub for the City of Onkaparinga, population around $165,000. So the facilities cater for a much larger pop than the town itself. The coastal regions are also a holiday destination, so the population will increase in the holiday season, providing some support for business in the area.

When researching areas, look at the Council (City) the town or suburb is situated in, this will give a picture of facilities that are available within a short proximity.

Colonades is a reasonably small shopping centre and many people will travel to Marion Shopping Centre - which is huge! - for more choice.
      Marion is the largest shopping centre (or was?) in Adelaide with over 300 shops. There are some big shopping centres in the north like Tea tree Gulley. I worked at the Marion centre for 4 years. The Marion centre is 17 to 19 minutes away from my home by car but is also connected to Noarlunga from the Oaklands station. Flinders medical centre and Uni are the same distance.

The Colonnades centre has over 200 stores but there are additional outlets in the Noarlunga centre district which are not part of the Colonnades centre but are within a few hundred metres. The Colonnades centre is connected to the Noarlunga transport interchange and our train line into the city is in its final phase of electrification (although it is delayed) and the older diesel trains are currently running on the upgraded line.

There are two additional stations that will open on the expanded Seaford line and that will occur within the next few months. This will assist those residents of the Seaford area who currently drive to Noarlunga, park and ride into the city, as they will have trains running from their suburb.

The Onkaparinga council is the largest council in Adelaide and their council offices are in the Noarlunga centre.

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      My apologies for ommiting the pictures that I have of Port Noarlunga South.
      Stunning beach and coastal area with surfers, canoeist, paddleskiers all taking advantage of their wonderful location. Port Noarlunga South is the next suburb along the coast the other side of the Onkaparinga river estuary. Their surf lifesaving club is very well supported by the local community. The suburb of Port Noarlunga South blends into Seaford along the coast.

Here are a few pics:

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      still looking lovely !
      ~wanting to be Adelaide bound: me (33) ICU nurse ~
      Academic IELTs: R7.5, W8, S9,L9 ~ ANMAC sent 15/11/13 a/w LOD ,
      General IELTs: booked 15/03/14

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Toodolou View Post
      Thanks for answering my queries. I know it's each to their own ... but Port Noarlunga area sounds perfect for me and my family , I drive 30-40 minutes to work now so that does not worry me. My nurse shift work often means the roads are less busy when I go to work and drive home anyhow. When I was younger I lived 5 mins drive to the beach , and where I live now I'm 20 mins drive to beach .... Living beachside walking distance in oz will be a must for me - and to have all those facilities on your doorstop , sounds like it is a great place.

Ive made up my mind ..... It's where I'm heading ! Thanks for the insight :)
      Toodolou I've spoken to you on PIO about Adelaide.... Tamara and Shauns place in Christies is where we stayed and what I was raving to you about how lovely Adelaide is....the fab pictures do it justice....its a gorgeous place I'm sure you'll love it. I'm starting to get excited about our visa application going in this year........can't blinking wait..another reccie to validate hopefully xx
      Jodipodi pudn'n'pie x

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast