Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Title
      Port Noarlunga, Adelaide, South Australia
      Liked
      times
      Rep

Why I live here part 2

Pasted the explanation from part 1 in here!

The saying goes that "a picture tells a thousand words".

I took some pictures of my local area (Port Noarlunga and Christies Beach) with the intention of sending them to prospective guests (It goes without saying that I rent out properties to migrants and holiday makers) so that they could see what the area has to offer either for a short stay or settlng longer term roots with their new lives in Adelaide.

I am going to load the pictures on the site with a little explanation attached to them showing what's around me, why I live here and the benefits of establishing a new life this side of the world in Adelaide. When it comes to Port Noarlunga and Christies Beach you really do have "everything on your doorstep". That's the reason that so many new migrants have moved to the continually developing suburbs of Hallett Cove, Christies Beach, Port Noarlunga, Seaford etc.

It would be great if other people added to this thread showing what's around in their suburbs: Seaford for example. Some pictures of the northern suburbs would add to the big picture of what Adelaide has to offer so please post away...let's see what your area has to offer new arrivals in their first few weeks and thereafter.

Tamara

Access to Jubilee park (wooden fort) Port Noarlunga

Public barbecues Jubilee Park, Port Noarlunga

Port Noarlunga hotel and drive through bottle store

Port Noarlunga tennis, golf range, sea scouts and bowling

Port Noarlunga fish and chips in the Port Noarlunga village. 50m from the beach and jetty.

Christies Beach footy oval

Panthers AFL stadium in Noarlunga. Also Jimmy Dean's restaurant.

Onkaparinga river Port Noarlunga. Launch area for Port Noarlunga primary school and public canoeing.

Transport

GP superclinic Noarlunga

Leisure centre and swimming (+ swimming lessons, gym badmington etc) Noarlunga centre

Noarlunga hospital

Wallis cinemas Noarluunga

Child care Noarlunga

Christies Beach bowling club

Centrelink and Medicare in Noarlunga

Bunnings warehouse (hardware) Noarlunga

RSL club Port Noarlunga

Freda korp kindy: Port Noarlunga primary school

Schools

Cardijn college Catholic high school Noarlunga

Christies Beach high school

St John's Catholic primary school in O Sullivan's Beach

O Sullivan's dog friendly beach.

O Sullivan's beach launch area

Onkaparinga river meets the sea at Port Noarlunga South.

Last edited by Tamara (Homes Down Under); 05-02-2014 at 03:43 AM.
      Adelaide Furnished Rentals. MIGRANT and HOLIDAY HOMES with unlimited internet in popular PORT NOARLUNGA. Walk to beaches, shops, stations. McLaren Vale 12, city 30 mins, beaches 2 mins away. Longer rentals (3 to 12 month) at discounted rates. Australian Business Number: 65261457068

www.homesdownunder.com.au

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Hi Tamara,
      a wee bit of the reason I live here is because I was lucky enough to book one of your holiday rentals and then completely fell in love with the area :)
      Gill
      Gill, nurse, and Mal, ROV pilot tech.

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Hi Tamara

Hope your well.

One common point in all of you photos which makes things look so much better, it occurs in the top 1/2 of your pictures and throughout is a nice rich deep blue colour. Apart from a couple, not a cloud in the sky!!

S
      Thames Migration appointed Jun12, VETASSESS passed July, EoI Aug12, IELTS retake 8.5 Sep12, EoI and 189 visa application Sep12, CO appointed Oct 12, Medicals, Police checks Nov12, Visa Granted 11/01/13. Now located in Brisbane, secured great employment and quickly establishing roots. Yes it really is the lucky country.

Title
      Birmingham, UK and now settled in Seacliff Park
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Tamara,

Thats where I want to live when we move too!!

Bal
      xx
      IELTS L7.0,R8.5, W7.0, S7.5 Overall 7.5 - March 2013, Vetassess submitted 19/2/2013, Approved 24/5/2013. Reccie to WA 31/7/2013 - 16/8/2013. EOI for 489 Visa Lodged 30/08/2013. Application approved 18/10/2013. Visa Application Lodged 30/10/2013. PCC's sent 08/11/2013. PCC's sent to Agent 20/11/13. Medicals 14/12/2013. CO allocated 3/1/14.VISA GRANTED 10/01/2014!! Fly to SA 13/4/2014 Still living the dream!! Submitted 887 visa 15/4/16. Golden ticket 887 received 31/8/16

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      We had a great stay in Port Noarlunga in one of Tamara's properties. A great location however we have decided city centre for us ie Unley etc although need to start saving!!

S
      Thames Migration appointed Jun12, VETASSESS passed July, EoI Aug12, IELTS retake 8.5 Sep12, EoI and 189 visa application Sep12, CO appointed Oct 12, Medicals, Police checks Nov12, Visa Granted 11/01/13. Now located in Brisbane, secured great employment and quickly establishing roots. Yes it really is the lucky country.

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Tamara!! As if I wasn't excited enough already!! Amazing photos - thank you for sharing.

I discovered Jubilee Park the other day on the web - it'll definitely be a hit with my boys!!

Are these recent photos?
      Tom (31) - Mechanic, Amy (30) - Mummy, Oliver (5) & Harry (3)   -   Currently in Lancashire - hopefully one day soon, we'll be heading for Adelaide!
      made contact with Go Matilda - 4 March 13 | paper based skills ass. passed - 30 May 13 | technical interview - 7 June 13 | skills ass. passed - 2 July 13 | EOI lodged - 3 July 13 [/SIZE]
      | SS app. sent - 22 July 13 | SS granted - 26 August 13 | visa app. sent - 29 August 13 | CO assigned - 15 October 13 | meds & PCC - 28 October 13 | *VISA GRANTED 18 NOVEMBER 2013*

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Just to add a few (if that's okay) - in-land is pretty too (McLaren Vale area):

P1090614.jpg

P1090327.jpg

P1090395.jpg
      "Don't stare at it for too long.....you'll go mad".

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by zebedee View Post
      Just to add a few (if that's okay) - in-land is pretty too (McLaren Vale area):

P1090614.jpg

P1090327.jpg

P1090395.jpg
      McLarenvale is a stunning place. My sons girlfriend lives there on a farm. It's 9km away from my house in Port Noarlunga if you take the River Road shortcut. I could quite happily retire there...
      Adelaide Furnished Rentals. MIGRANT and HOLIDAY HOMES with unlimited internet in popular PORT NOARLUNGA. Walk to beaches, shops, stations. McLaren Vale 12, city 30 mins, beaches 2 mins away. Longer rentals (3 to 12 month) at discounted rates. Australian Business Number: 65261457068

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by tomamylancaster View Post
      Tamara!! As if I wasn't excited enough already!! Amazing photos - thank you for sharing.

I discovered Jubilee Park the other day on the web - it'll definitely be a hit with my boys!!

Are these recent photos?
      Hi,
      Most of these pictures are a year old but a few are more recent.

I take the grandkids to Jubilee park all the time but it's difficult rounding them up to leave if i'm alone!

More recent pictures of Jubilee park are:

The Onkaparinga river runs past the park and you can launch canoes from the site as well.
      3 minutes by car from my house.

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      One of the best posts for a while. Great pictures.
      Living In Adelaide Since Jan 2012 And Loving It

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast