Adelaide coastal photos.

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

After a bit of prompting from Tamara............:rolleyes::rolleyes::cute:

Looking in towards Brighton on one of the calmest days I have ever known on the sea.

2012-03-28-049.jpg

Looking towards Brighton again, the "Temptation" Dolphin cruise passing by, they make regular trips down to Hallett Cove for Dolphin watching.

2013-02-08-1018.jpg

Looking in towards Port Noarlunga.

2013-02-05-1000.jpg

Looking out over the mouth of the Onkaparinga River towards Southport Beach and Port Noarlunga.

DSC01278s.jpg

Guest Guest75
Exactly!!

looks like a loch from around here....makes me want to make a cast in there right now!

It was an amazing day, best of all it was not hot, normally you like a bit of breeze out there..

Guest Guest75
Exactly!!

looks like a loch from around here....makes me want to make a cast in there right now!

Unlike this day a few years ago. 35 k's out and squall came out of nowhere, the waves are much bigger than the camera portrays...:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::swoon:

snaptrip 130210.jpg

snaptrip2 130210.jpg

Snap trip 1130210.jpg

snaptrip3 130210.jpg

Guest Guest75
:shocked:Holy Fook!!!!:shocked:

.....this is why I would never go out on a boat.

<==== bank fisherman

:biglaugh:

It was "interesting" and really taught me respect for the sea.

This cr@p came on in no time. We had gone to this spot in the dark and at first light you could just see it racing towards us.

Took 45 mins to get to this spot and hours to get back!

Guest Guest75
I feel sick :confused:

Not too bad when you are underway in a small craft if rough. It's all the banging /crashing /bruised kidneys and "manbits" .

Once you are not moving then it's when the spew starts (not me fortunately) - had a few up chuck - always point them outwards.

We did the big duck boat ride in a RIB from Victor Harbor when we first arrived - didn't see any whales unfortunately but it was like being in a roller coaster ride - just awesome riding over the big swells. Our 11 year old was up at the front and screaming - we wasn't sure if it was in terror or delight. It turned out to be delight!

And that's post 500...whoop whoop.

After a bit of prompting from Tamara............:rolleyes::rolleyes::cute:

Looking in towards Brighton on one of the calmest days I have ever known on the sea.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7449[/ATTACH]

Looking towards Brighton again, the "Temptation" Dolphin cruise passing by, they make regular trips down to Hallett Cove for Dolphin watching.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7450[/ATTACH]

Looking in towards Port Noarlunga.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7451[/ATTACH]

Looking out over the mouth of the Onkaparinga River towards Southport Beach and Port Noarlunga.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7452[/ATTACH]

Great pictures!

Here's a map of the coastline

PortNoarlunga_zps584452d8.jpg

[quote=Tyke;284589

Once you are not moving then it's when the spew starts (not me fortunately) - had a few up chuck - always point them outwards.

As a teenager, my girl-friend did that on a channel crossing. Unfortunately, she was facing the wind and I copped the lot. Cherries , YUK.