Bought our first house!

guspjmh

We are scared and excited! Bought a house in Port Noarlunga 3/4 beds about a mile back from the beach, as we couldn't afford a large plot close to the beach.

Our cooling off period is over and I've paid the deposit so it's happening, in a state of shock - not sure whether I've done the right thing or not!!!

Yeah, it was fast but we love this area and houses seem to move quick. We wanted something relatively low maintenance on a good sized block, so when we saw it we leapt in!

I guess we will be here for at least 4-5 years, so better off paying our mortgage than someone elses!

Guest Guest75

Congratulations!!

Scary innit?????

The speed of the transaction is frightening as it all happens so much quicker (and better ) than the UK system.

If you plan to stay a few years hopefully your property will have increased enough against the stamp duty pain .

Hi Gus: This sounds like a success story to me! You've been on a long, exciting and, at times uncertain, road for a couple of years to get to the Land of Oz, and now you've arrived it's great that you've found a spot you fancy settling on. It all sounds great to me, but if you have any doubts, just give it a couple of years at least, Gus, to see if Port Noarlunga is where you want to be, but if it's not - well, you can always try somewhere else. There's plenty of wonderful places in Oz to live; but for now, Port Noarlunga sounds just perfect. I think you're a great role model for very many people starting out on their journey to Australia. Good luck, Gus, to you and all your family!! x

• 2 months later...