Adelaide Botanic Gardens

Northern Mick

Hi Guys

Some photos of The Adelaide Botanic Gardens taken at the start of Winter a few weeks ago.

Some of the flora was tricked into flowering due to the unseasonal warm, sunny weather

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/album.php?albumid=363

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/album.php?albumid=362

Edited by Diane

Thanks again. What a good way to start a cold morning here in Adelaide. Really like the ones with the "opportunistic birds". Like the shot of that bird sitting on the statue, almost looked like part of it and those two cute birds sitting on a twig and looking up. Really feel like going to the Botanic Gardens now.

Hi. Sorry for the typo in the title of this thread. If a mod could correct it that would be great :-)

All done - I was going to correct it earlier, but some people get upset when I do that without it being asked for! Typo is one of the languages I speak fluently ....

If anyone hasn't done so, the Botanic Gardens also run free guided walks every morning http://www.fbga.asn.au/garden_guides.html which are well worth going on - you get a wealth of information, background, and sstuff you never would notice if on your own.

Linda did this once, she was the only person to turn up so had a one on one tour, she really enjoyed getting all the inside info on not just only the plants but the buildings and history too.

Linda did this once, she was the only person to turn up so had a one on one tour, she really enjoyed getting all the inside info on not just only the plants but the buildings and history too.

Yes the people that do the tours are all volunteers and have a range of different expertises (is that a word?). I have been on a couple as it's usually something we get our visitors to do, and one time our guide knew all about the traditional and medicinal uses for various plants. Fascinating and does add a whole new layer to the experience. Also if anyone goes to the zoo, they do a similar thing which is well worth doing.