Port Noarlunga overhead video - excellent!

Guest Guest75

Looks amazing! We are sold on living in Port Noarlunga, however everyone I know in Adelaide comment about the commute I will have to make if I get a job in the cbd, and now a new comment which I hadent heard before "what about the corrosion?" Oh my, is that a real concern? Would love to have anyone living PN give there opinion on these 2 concerns. We have booked our holiday rental in Christies beach and will arrive right after Easter.

Looks amazing! We are sold on living in Port Noarlunga, however everyone I know in Adelaide comment about the commute I will have to make if I get a job in the cbd, and now a new comment which I hadent heard before "what about the corrosion?" Oh my, is that a real concern? Would love to have anyone living PN give there opinion on these 2 concerns. We have booked our holiday rental in Christies beach and will arrive right after Easter.

Hi there,

"What about the corrosion" !!:biggrin: Sorry, but that's a new reason for not living here. I guess that any coastal location worldwide will affect the rusting of cars more than living inland and living directly on the seafront would have more of an effect than further from the sea. Esplanade living does increase the need for property maintenance and that's the price of stunning sea views, but most dwellings are within a short walking distance from the beach.

I live in Port Noarlunga and my cars aren't rusting! They won't last as long as living in the northern territory though...

The travel distance and commute is always the main reason that opponents of affordable southern suburb beachside living throw up against living here.

So much is made of how long it will take to commute if you work in the city. The realty is that we have an expressway that takes you from the southern suburbs to Bedford Park (by Flinders Medical Centre). The expressway journey takes between 15 and 18 minutes from Port Noarlunga and then you hit the traffic. The reality is that anyone staying closer to the city within these suburbs also has to endure this traffic. Therefore the additional commute time that I would have from living in Port Noarlunga and working in the city would be 15 to18 minutes of free flowing freeway commute.

There are many family friendly suburbs in Adelaide but a very high percentage of people who start out in the scenic south do decide to settle around here. The very large number of new migrants who decide to start out their new lives in suburbs like Port Noarlunga and Seaford would have been very vocal on this forum if they were unhappy with their location upon arrival.

Although there is a very large number of people who stay in the southern region they aren't always as vocal on the forum and it's tiresome to constantly defend where you live. If you look at where people have settled it's a good indicator that south of the city is very popular.

Best thing to do is hire an car and drive throughout the city...see what suburb grabs you. Hopefully the hire car won't have rusted away by the time you hand it back!:biggrin:

See you... Tamara

We're in Port Noarlunga! :biggrin:Rust and corrosion never crossed my mind.

It's a beautiful area. I love it! The beaches are all so beautiful, all along the coastline. We're so lucky. The hills are a short drive away and the city, well to be honest, it's not that far away. Believe me, having lived and worked just outside London, this place is a breeze.

As Tamara says, get your hire car, get driving and go exploring! Enjoy!:biggrin:

I think Tamara is spot on about the corrosion factor. In relation to the commute, I think only you can answer that. There have been great improvement in the roads in the south so it has cut down travel times but if in your current job it bothers you to travel a while in the car then probably it isn't going to change when you live here. Initially it might be interesting because you will see different suburbs but after a while you might find that the commute will bother you after a hard days work. You won't really know until you are here and know where your job will be located. Perhaps the first 6 months here will give you an answer.

Guest Guest75
Bloody great thread Tyke. I moved here to be close to this.We are actively looking at houses along this stretch of coastline and are kicking ourselves for not buying sooner.

Look out for me in winter in the boat, just the other side of the reef.

We come in close handlining for Salmon.

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I had lunch at Hortas on the beachfront.

I often take the grandkids and have fish and chips from the chippie in Port Noarlunga (Jimmies). My daughter lives in Port Noarlunga (not with me!) so it's easy to pop out, collect, feed, let them run around in the surf and have them home in an hour! :smile:

I would like to borrow this link Mr Tyke....

Guest Guest75
Last week I had lunch at Hortas on the beachfront.

I often take the grandkids and have fish and chips from the chippie in Port Noarlunga (Jimmies). My daughter lives in Port Noarlunga (not with me!) so it's easy to pop out, collect, feed, let them run around in the surf and have them home in an hour! :smile:

I would like to borrow this link Mr Tyke....

Nick it Mrs Tamara by all means.

The guy has also done one for Hallett Cove, I'll try and dig it out.