Retail Jobs in the next 6 months: Seaford and Noarlunga

The new Bunnings store in Seaford is currently running ahead of it's build schedule.

It was planned that the store would open in October. There will be around 150 jobs created.

To register your interest you can complete an online application at:

https://www.bunningscareers.com.au/opportunities

There will be a range of positions with shifts available from 5 in the morning until 11 at night. (they have merchandising teams working early morning and replenishment teams working late at night).

The nearby Bunnings store in Noarlunga will also have many vacancies. The existing workers at this store have been asked to register their interest in moving to the new Seaford store so it's worthwhile applying for both stores. The stores are less than 5 minutes away from each other.

The stores will have positions for teenagers, tradies and elderly adults!

Best of luck!:smile:

Do you know how many stores bunnings will be opening in Adelaide this year? This is good news for the economy although I hear that Masters is losing millions. Thats not good news because competition is good.

Sorry that I don't have any contacts at Bunnings any longer. It was all spoiled by getting a newbie an interview and they then turned the job down!

I think that it's public knowledge that the gloves are off in the Bunnings / Masters fight. Bunnings is going to open another 5 large format stores in SA. They have trimmed the numbers somewhat and stores like Noarlunga used to have 170 to 180 staff. Management has been trimmed but the big stores will need around 150 people for all their operations.

If Masters does fold and Woolworths cut their losses then expect the stores to be acquired by Bunnings...just like they did with the big Mica mega stores a few years ago.

Sorry that I don't have any contacts at Bunnings any longer. It was all spoiled by getting a newbie an interview and they then turned the job down!

That's a shame as a personal recommendation goes a long way in Adelaide. I too have come across newbies who probably don't understand the way things work in Adelaide and do things without even realising that they are harming their employment prospects. Adelaide is a very small place and you often come across the same people time and time again and everyone seems to know everyone!

My son has just filled out an application. Just wondering why their recruitment pages ask if you have any social media (Facebook etc) accounts. Do they expect to be granted access? What if they ask and you turn them down? Does it mean that people without social media accounts have a better chance than those who do? Or would that be the other way around?

Bit "Big Brother-ish" if you ask me.

That's a shame as a personal recommendation goes a long way in Adelaide. I too have come across newbies who probably don't understand the way things work in Adelaide and do things without even realising that they are harming their employment prospects. Adelaide is a very small place and you often come across the same people time and time again and everyone seems to know everyone!

Yes it is a shame. Like Tamara I am always cautious because you can't afford to damage your own reputation by recommending someone else, especially if you don't know them very well.

And in relation to Sidestep's comment a previous manager I worked with used to always look up people on Facebook to see what kind of things they posted.

My son has just filled out an application. Just wondering why their recruitment pages ask if you have any social media (Facebook etc) accounts. Do they expect to be granted access?

Bit "Big Brother-ish" if you ask me.

Idk whether they can ask to access your son's page, but I do know that it isn't unusual for companies to look at their employee's, or prospective employee's Facebook pages.

I know of someone who was given a very stern warning about something they'd posted, about the company they worked for, on their personal Fb page...they almost lost their job over it (and it didn't even seem that heinous, tbh).

I think most kids are warned about what they post over social media, and their choice of email address lol, at school, particularly during the Personal Learning Project in Year 10.

This is quite an interesting article:

http://www.careerfaqs.com.au/news/news-and-views/how-facebook-could-cost-you-your-job/

Big Brother, or a cheap form of character check?

:cool: LC

Another very interesting aspect is the amount of authority that the complex managers have...they can hire and fire. Although Bunnings has a HR dept the decisions are made at store level as to who to shortlist and interview. As Jessica said...it's who you know! If you have a contact on the inside that can 'grab' your online application it can be the difference between getting an interview or not. A word in the right ear carries so much weight...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The Seaford store opens next month.

Another big one coming in Windsor Gardens...

NORTH & NORTHEAST - ADELAIDE

Neighbour loses fight to stop $47m super Bunnings

• CELESTE VILLANI CITY NORTH MESSENGER
  • CITY NORTH MESSENGER
  • AUGUST 03, 2015 11:20AM

772039-9bf123f0-397f-11e5-bdbe-fd285457d6fc.jpg

A Bunnings superstore will be built in Windsor Gardens. Picture: Ian Waldie/Bloomberg

CONSTRUCTION of a new $47 million Bunnings superstore proposed for Windsor Gardens will go ahead after an adjacent land owner failed in their appeal against the development last month.

The Environment, Resources and Development Court dismissed Terra Group’s action against Port Adelaide Enfield Council’s approval of the superstore in February.Terra Group director Frank Salandra, who owns land west of the to-be developed site along North East Rd, said Bunnings’ application was incorrectly assessed by the council.Mr Salandra argued the store was not a bulky goods outlet but rather a development which is “an incorporated timber yard”, a use he said was not allowed in the area under Port Adelaide Enfield Council’s development plan.In his ruling, Judge Costello said the “timber area” could not be considered a timber yard because it would not sell the product exclusively.index

He ruled in favour of the development, which is set to create 400 jobs.“Rather, it is a place where general hardware products, including timber, are to be sold,” Judge Costello said.Bunnings property general manager Andrew Marks said construction on the 14,750sq m site at the corner of North East Rd, Innes Rd and Freebairn St was originally planned to start in June but would start in the coming weeks.