Is anyone moving from West Midlands any time soon?

spanners

Hi

Bit of a long shot this but is anyone moving to Adelaide from Worcestershire / West Midlands and has a bit of space in a shipping container? I'm not shipping drugs but something much more boring! My father has just died and I'm back in Worcester for a few weeks. Obviously theres very little of his stuff I can move back unless it fits in a suitcase. He does however have an almost new Black & Decker Workmate! - I know not the most evocative item to remember a father but useful none the less.

If anyone is moving to ADL from this part of the UK I'd be really grateful.

Thanks

Jon

I wish. I hadn't been back to the UK since I moved to the Barossa 5 years ago. I'm in Worcestershire now for a couple of weeks and all I can think is that its a country drowning in people and cars, particularly cars. I know comparing SA population with UK population is chalk and cheese but OMG I can hardly breath its so full. Before moving to SA I lived in rural Somerset but worked as a photographer in London so I was always used to being surrounded by population but I think in 5 years I must have changed into a hick hillbilly!

All the money in the world couldn't get me to live in the UK again (actually living in the Brecon Beacons would be pretty cool if the temperature tripled). So, all you people in the UK thinking of moving do it and do it now. I moved when I was 43 with a 4 and 6 year old and never looked back.

Oh - and please bring over my old Dad's B&D Workmate!

• 9 months later...

Wow looks like Adelaide is a home from home for the people from the Midlands we've applied currently waiting for a decision 189 visa, two of us from Worcestershire anyone in similar position waiting etc? I liked your post spanners, your 100% correct about no wanting to go back, if people are leaving leafy Worcestershire which on the whole is quite nice it gives you an idea of how bad things are getting!