Mood of the Moment: Share a great music track today:

I recently posted a thread about concerts and gigs in Adelaide.

I saw that an Aussie band called The Church were soon going to be playing at The Gov in Hindmarsh. Classic 80's music:smile:and maybe something Australian that you haven't experienced before?

Made me think of this track and it's so good that I wanted to share it today... It's my Mood of the Moment music if you know what I mean?!:smile:

[video=youtube;Osz-GQbX37o]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do know what you mean about mood of the moment. Sometimes you just want to listen to a tune as it takes you back to what was happening when you heard it before. I have loads of tracks that would love to share. Thanks for this. Will have listen to some old favourites on youtube and see what grabs me at that moment.

Before we moved Elvis Costello "Oliver's Army" was my mood of the moment song; mostly for the line "I'd rather be anywhere else than here today" or Lee Ann Womack's "I Hope you Dance" - "when you get the choice to sit it out or dance" and I think that's what we're doing here - dancing, not sitting life out...

Before we moved Elvis Costello "Oliver's Army" was my mood of the moment song; mostly for the line "I'd rather be anywhere else than here today" or Lee Ann Womack's "I Hope you Dance" - "when you get the choice to sit it out or dance" and I think that's what we're doing here - dancing, not sitting life out...

What a truly awesome idea for a thread. When you hear a song you are transported back to another time or maybe a new song just provides you with so much pleasure. What a great opportunity to hear what other peoples tastes are.

Thanks Flossybeth. I love that track by Elvis Costello and have just listened to it on Youtube.

This track has been floating around in my head since I heard it in the shops!

aWCYIcmxo

Another day and another Mood of the Moment!

This one might appear as an odd choice. I was dragged kicking and screaming to my first Stiff little Fingers concert as my taste in music was very different to my partners.

I saw them again last year (in Melbourne) and this track has stuck with me.

Depression is an illness that many people have to deal with throughout their lives. I think that this track should be adopted by the organisation "Beyond Blue" (www.beyondblue.com.au) and it's theme is very close and important for me and family members.

You might not know the band but the message is so strong...

Stiff Little Fingers: My Dark Places.

I don't want to lower the tone but this one for some reason atm

I saw them live supporting Bryan Adams back in the 80's*.

*True fact for real: I was around in the 80's and may have had a similar hairstyle as Ms Decker :unsure:

Edited by snifter
typo

I don't want to lower the tone but this one for some reason atm

I saw them live supporting Bryan Adams back in the 80's*.

*True fact for real: I was around in the 80's and may have had a similar hairstyle as Ms Decker :unsure:

I love this song.

I'm planning my daughter's 10th birthday party at the moment and she wants a carnival theme (the one her brother didn't want last year) so I keep singing this one to myself:

mostly just the line "when the carnival is over" over and over.....

One of mine did say to me the other day (when they were packing a bag and I sang Pack up your troubles to them) that I have a song for every occasion and mostly they're right - sometimes in my head I live in a Rogers and Hammerstien film.

I hadn't heard this band until a few weeks ago when I went to the Billy Idol concert in McLaren Vale.

They were one of the support bands.

This is the ultimate break up song. The live version has slightly different lyrics!

South Australian band:

The Angels: Am I ever going to see your face again?

One doesn't have to be in any sort of mood to enjoy this rendition of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. Just sit back and enjoy.

http://www.wimp.com/cover-bohemian/

What a completely different perspective on this classic! Thank you...:smile: That's what it's all about...other people opening your eyes (and ears) to music!