Yorkshire House Swap?

Is there anyone from West Yorkshire that's planning to do a reccie here in June next year?

It's been 15 years since we were last in the UK and my OH's father lives in Batley. It's a trip that we have to make. I have looked at various options (and am shocked at what they want to charge on Airbnb) and thought that maybe someone would be interested in having one of my rentals or my own home free of charge for the first 3 weeks of June 2016. In exchange, we could stay at their place.

If there's anyone interested or if you are already here and maybe have family that want to visit please let me know.

You can pm me on the PIA system or send me an e mail.

Thanks!:smile:

Tamara

Maybe. How big a house would you need to stay in?

A 3 bed would be great.

Am looking for something within 45 minutes of the Batley area...that includes places like York...my OH has been looking at properties on Airbnb and there's a lovely place in York...45 minute drive but he says that York is a great base for our trip...never been there myself though.

What size place would you need. I have bachelor, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom places available....all in the Port Noarlunga area.

I think my house may be a bit small. I only have a 2 bed, but it's in Pudsey, about 20 mins from Batley.

York is beautiful city, and like your OH says, would be a great base. I went to uni there. It is a beautiful place with lots to do, and is an easy drive from lots of other areas. It really depends what you want around you. York tends to be fairly expensive compared to other local areas...

I think my house may be a bit small. I only have a 2 bed, but it's in Pudsey, about 20 mins from Batley.

York is beautiful city, and like your OH says, would be a great base. I went to uni there. It is a beautiful place with lots to do, and is an easy drive from lots of other areas. It really depends what you want around you. York tends to be fairly expensive compared to other local areas...

hey bubble04 ( sorry to butt in ) were from Pudsey , been here 4 years , loving it , there's a few folk from Pudsey living 5 mins from us that we've come across , it's a small world !!

hallett cove , we used to live on Hough side road years ago , Pudsey born and bred , are you looking at moving out here soon

That is literally at the end of our street! We're hoping to, but I'm a primary school teacher, and the list of states offering sponsorship is getting shorter by the day. We were hoping for Adelaide or Perth, which were on the list last time I looked, but an agent just emailed me to say only Victoria would want us [emoji20] You never know though... Got my fingers tightly crossed that there may be another way.

How are you liking life in Aus?

Mu OH knows Pudsey. He reckons that he spent plenty of time their on building sites when his bricklayer father dragged him along as a labourer!:smile:

Pudsey would be a good base for access to Batley. My OH's brother lives in Dewsbury and there's plenty of family in Heckmondwike.

Morley would be another good location. OH used to work at the Asda there when he went to Batley grammar.

That is literally at the end of our street! We're hoping to, but I'm a primary school teacher, and the list of states offering sponsorship is getting shorter by the day. We were hoping for Adelaide or Perth, which were on the list last time I looked, but an agent just emailed me to say only Victoria would want us [emoji20] You never know though... Got my fingers tightly crossed that there may be another way.

How are you liking life in Aus?

Loving living here , beautiful place , great to bring young kids up , we were lucky with our visa ,my job came off the list soon after . The economy is really slow at the moment though , lots of people doing it tough , if you can get a visa for anywhere in oz go for it , you can always move around

Loving living here , beautiful place , great to bring young kids up , we were lucky with our visa ,my job came off the list soon after . The economy is really slow at the moment though , lots of people doing it tough , if you can get a visa for anywhere in oz go for it , you can always move around

That's what we thought. To be honest we're not too put off by the economy downturn. We've been through the tough times before and we're good at making things work. I'm a teacher, but have experience in lots of sectors (even did wedding cakes for a while). We just want our kids to have the kind of future Oz seems to be offering. They're still young enough to benefit from it and not be too upset by the move... I think it would be a really positive move for us, and if not we can always come back, but if we don't try we'll always wonder x

That's what we thought. To be honest we're not too put off by the economy downturn. We've been through the tough times before and we're good at making things work. I'm a teacher, but have experience in lots of sectors (even did wedding cakes for a while). We just want our kids to have the kind of future Oz seems to be offering. They're still young enough to benefit from it and not be too upset by the move... I think it would be a really positive move for us, and if not we can always come back, but if we don't try we'll always wonder x

thats the right way to look at it for sure , I came and travelled in the 90s and loved it , the wife and kids had never been , people thought we were mad , we sold up in the UK , arrived in adelaide with 7 suitcases , bit of cash in the bank , no jobs , nowing nobody ,

Got work within 2 days ,

weve been here 4years yesterday , we've had a new house built , both working , if you want it to work it will '

please feel free to ask any questions , advice ect , more than happy to help if we can

thats the right way to look at it for sure , I came and travelled in the 90s and loved it , the wife and kids had never been , people thought we were mad , we sold up in the UK , arrived in adelaide with 7 suitcases , bit of cash in the bank , no jobs , nowing nobody ,

Got work within 2 days ,

weve been here 4years yesterday , we've had a new house built , both working , if you want it to work it will '

please feel free to ask any questions , advice ect , more than happy to help if we can

Thank you. Really appreciate it. We've never been so could be completely crazy, but we love adventures [emoji106]?

Mu OH knows Pudsey. He reckons that he spent plenty of time their on building sites when his bricklayer father dragged him along as a labourer!:smile:

Pudsey would be a good base for access to Batley. My OH's brother lives in Dewsbury and there's plenty of family in Heckmondwike.

Morley would be another good location. OH used to work at the Asda there when he went to Batley grammar.

Such a small world! Morley is handy for lots of places. Closer to Batley and much cheaper than York I imagine. I work in a village just near there. I do love York though [emoji3]

• 2 months later...