Dog friendly rental needed in 2016

Kestral

Nurses landed end of Sept, currently living in a none dog friendly house, is looking to rent a dog friendly home from end of May 2016, when my dog arrives (small staffordshire terrier), she is a timid thing as is a rescue dog, she was covered in cigarette burns when I rescued her, she is not an outdoor dog, she is spayed and happy to sleep after her morning walk, she is not a barker either, unless someone is smoking near her, is the only time she barks.

Trying to find a dog friendly rental close to the beach.

I am prepared to move to Any part of Australia to achieve the perfect home for us.

Happy to pay a higher deposit and rent in advance, as for me, its more about finding somewhere suitable for us, currently live in Glenelg, but other areas such as Brighton, Seacliff are also perfect, as currently work mostly at Flinders Hospital.

But I will move jobs, if need be, and to another state, to find a perfect for 18mth to 2 year let, before I buy my own property.

If anyone hears of anything close to the sea please give me a shout.

Welcome to the forum. I don't know of any dog friendly rentals but I do know that unless an advert specifically says no pets then you can ask if they will consider a dog. Also a good idea I have read on here or Poms in Oz is to create a document of introduction about your dog, a dog CV if you will, for prospective landlords. I take it the place that you are on at the moment will not allow your dog to stay?

I'm sure you'll find something before May if you are starting to look now. I did know of a 2 bed unit for rent in Somerton Park about 3 mins drive from Glenelg Jetty Rd which would have taken a small dog but its been let now. Not sure how long the lease on it is though. I would think a year.

As NicF said, prepare a document, offer to pay extra bond if need be and you should be fine. Your area is pretty large and properties come and go. Lots of units can't/won't take dogs. Houses should have more options. If I hear of anything I'll post back here for you.

Nurses landed end of Sept, currently living in a none dog friendly house, is looking to rent a dog friendly home from end of May 2016, when my dog arrives (small staffordshire terrier), she is a timid thing as is a rescue dog, she was covered in cigarette burns when I rescued her, she is not an outdoor dog, she is spayed and happy to sleep after her morning walk, she is not a barker either, unless someone is smoking near her, is the only time she barks.

Trying to find a dog friendly rental close to the beach.

I am prepared to move to Any part of Australia to achieve the perfect home for us.

Happy to pay a higher deposit and rent in advance, as for me, its more about finding somewhere suitable for us, currently live in Glenelg, but other areas such as Brighton, Seacliff are also perfect, as currently work mostly at Flinders Hospital.

But I will move jobs, if need be, and to another state, to find a perfect for 18mth to 2 year let, before I buy my own property.

If anyone hears of anything close to the sea please give me a shout.

Hi Kestral,

My old home coming back to rent in Somerton Park I had my 2 dogs there and then our friends rented after us to get their children into Brighton Hugh School, lovely modern house and landlord has 7 dogs and loves all dogs. Pm if you want more information just be Sacred Heart School and I know lease is up in new year.

Bal

• 3 months later...

If you are already here.....Have you thought of talking this over down at your local dog park? (you don't need to be with your dog to be in there)

Almost all Adelaide Suburbs have "off - leash" doggy areas now, and the people who use them will know a great deal about finding rentals that are suitable.

(-There are three within walking distance of here, and even the CBD has access to them)

Having said that, - would be very surprised if you have much difficulty locating a Pet Friendly Rental, pretty much anywhere,

JB :swoon:

Thank you everyone for your advice, I struggled with this site and have only just regained access, thanks to administrator. I am still looking for suitable accommodation and Wilma (my dog) is booked to fly on 25th May.

Regards

Kestral

Are you allready in Oz or do you fly out around the same time as you dog ? I have a friend just found a dog friendly rental at Seaford I will ask her who she went through

• 3 weeks later...

hi, we are looking to break our lease from early may as moving interstate....we rent a 4 bed house in hackham $380 per week and have had our dog for 3 years here....I know hackham isn't ideal for everyone, has a bad rep but we have had no probs...lots of dog walking, off leash dog beach 10 mins away in osullivan beach and 8 mins from beautiful port Noarlunga beach etc etc.....

for you would be great as straight on main south road to flinders would prob take 15 mins (give or take traffic)..

its not advertised as yet as we have no firm moving date but if interested pop round and have look and then nearer time, contact our agent.

house is in good condition, modern with lots of parking, secure back yard with huge covered outdoor area, dishwasher and lots of storage.

seriously, hackham is not bad.....its very quiet and close to everything!!

My grandchildren live in Hackham both is streets where the houses were privately built ( not Trust Housing ) and to be honest they both have lovely homes and nice neighbours It's like everywhere else good parts and bad parts ( not having a go at Trust Houses by the way )

totally agree....if it wasn't for hubbies job taking us interstate would not be interested in moving...I love it here in hackham...bigger blocks, very quiet and good access to everything...to be honest, its paradise compared to where I came from in UK!!!!

I've just moved into a dog friendly house. It's not the best for my dog as back garden is mostly gravel. But at least I have something for her arrival. Hopefully will find something more suitable by end of 12 month contract. Thank you everyone for your advice and support.

• 3 weeks later...