Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep

golden grove area

Hi All,

We are thinking about moving to the Golden Grove area. We have two small children 5years and 8 months old and I've noticed on google earth that a lot of the streets don't seem to have any pavements!! is this an issue at all and have any safety concerns been raised before because of this?

many thanks, Maria

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      It's not unusual to not have much in the way of pavements here. The suburb I live in mostly only has pavements on one side of the road except for the busier roads. I've never found it much of an issue - we either walk on the grass on the verge or cross over and walk on the pavement side. It would be a bit of a pain when trying to get around with a pushchair but plenty of people seem to manage perfectly well.

Also, just be aware that google earth isn't necessarily up to date. I just used it to look at my house and it shows it as it was over 18 months ago. Places may have changed a bit since the last picture was taken.
      Last edited by NicF; 15-01-2016 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Added a bit

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Masha, as a GG resident I can tell you that virtually all of the streets where there are houses built, and where there are missing footpaths, are no-through-roads and the traffic is quiet. The layout of the suburb is such that all the main roads that carry the bulk of traffic through and around GG have footpaths and have no houses on them. It's never really been a problem.

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      That's true V-Bird.The layout of the leafy neighborhood of GG is designed to provide adequate access for pedestrians,vehicles and cyclist. Never had any issues with that.

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Don't forget Wynn Vale its next to GG

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      We're arriving 24th February and are also looking at the Golden Grove area. When do you arrive Masha?
      Tom (31) - Mechanic, Amy (30) - Mummy, Oliver (5) & Harry (3)   -   Currently in Lancashire - hopefully one day soon, we'll be heading for Adelaide!
      made contact with Go Matilda - 4 March 13 | paper based skills ass. passed - 30 May 13 | technical interview - 7 June 13 | skills ass. passed - 2 July 13 | EOI lodged - 3 July 13 [/SIZE]
      | SS app. sent - 22 July 13 | SS granted - 26 August 13 | visa app. sent - 29 August 13 | CO assigned - 15 October 13 | meds & PCC - 28 October 13 | *VISA GRANTED 18 NOVEMBER 2013*

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by tomamylancaster View Post
      We're arriving 24th February and are also looking at the Golden Grove area. When do you arrive Masha?
      Hello :) Not seen you on here for a while. Hope its all going well. Not long now. A good time of year to arrive, coming into autumn and some lovely warm days still :)

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
      Don't forget Wynn Vale its next to GG
      We have been in Wynn Vale since 2006, love the place. I'm often walking around our lovely lake (Dam) in these lovely summer nights

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Hi Everyone, many thanks for your replies, they are very reassuring. We are hoping to arrive in April, but there were so many delays with the paperwork(we look like these smileys now)

•