golden grove area

masha

Hi All,

We are thinking about moving to the Golden Grove area. We have two small children 5years and 8 months old and I've noticed on google earth that a lot of the streets don't seem to have any pavements!! is this an issue at all and have any safety concerns been raised before because of this?

many thanks, Maria

It's not unusual to not have much in the way of pavements here. The suburb I live in mostly only has pavements on one side of the road except for the busier roads. I've never found it much of an issue - we either walk on the grass on the verge or cross over and walk on the pavement side. It would be a bit of a pain when trying to get around with a pushchair but plenty of people seem to manage perfectly well.

Also, just be aware that google earth isn't necessarily up to date. I just used it to look at my house and it shows it as it was over 18 months ago. Places may have changed a bit since the last picture was taken.

Edited by NicF
Added a bit

Masha, as a GG resident I can tell you that virtually all of the streets where there are houses built, and where there are missing footpaths, are no-through-roads and the traffic is quiet. The layout of the suburb is such that all the main roads that carry the bulk of traffic through and around GG have footpaths and have no houses on them. It's never really been a problem.

• 2 weeks later...