Landlady issues anyone else Fulham Gardens?

Nairnandtain

We had huge problems with our landlady when we moved out of our rental in November. Luckily we were given the heads up from a previous tenant and some neighbours so took heaps of photographic evidence. However she is still trying to get almost all of our $3k bond. We went to tribunal but it was awful and wasn't resolved so now it is going to a hearing. I consulted a lawyer as this woman has lied and planted false evidence and not for the first time in her career as a landlady! I'm wondering if anyone else has had an issue with this woman? I do not wish to print her name but if anyone has had experience of this landlady in the suburb of Fulham Gardens please private message me, likewise if you wish to avoid this woman and are renting in Fulham garden pm me and I will hopefully be able to prevent this woman from ripping more families off!

kind regards,

shelley.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

We have not had much luck renting since we arrived over 2 years ago. We have used two agents and a private landlord, so you have our sympathy. It's the only thing that has put a damper on our move here.

Can I just ask where you found this rental originally i.e realestate.com or gumtree etc.

All the best R&J

Hi,

We have not had much luck renting since we arrived over 2 years ago. We have used two agents and a private landlord, so you have our sympathy. It's the only thing that has put a damper on our move here.

Can I just ask where you found this rental originally i.e realestate.com or gumtree etc.

All the best R&J

Hi, we saw a sign in the landlady's window. This is her method of advertising. Very nice to our face but not long after we moved in a previous tenant reached out to us and told us about her. Thank goodness as it meant we were prepared. It didn't make a difference in the end as we lost both the tribunal and the hearing. We thought about appealing the decision but we would have had to pay $500 for the privilege! It has affected my health and they way I view this country! Best of luck to you.

It might be worth posting some details about what you went to tribunal for and why you lost.

You say you were prepared for her, but still lost, be a good thing to know what you did/didn't do for you to still lose as I know a lot of people think the tribunal is the answer (we did, but never went through with it) so might help people be better prepared for when tshtf.

We have no idea why we lost, she produced photographic evidence but the photographs were not dated, in fact they were not even of the property we rented (she has other rental properties). We had dated photographic evidence, proof of carpet cleaning, receipts to show we has replaced the lawn. I emailed to ask how and why they favoured her evidence to ours but didn't get an answer. Cant afford to pay $500 to appeal.

Shelley.