From here to there

Becks22

Can any one help? We are hopefully heading out for our new life at the star of July and would love to live either near the Stirling type area or around belair/ blackwood. My wish was to hopefully get a job at Flinders hospital but a job has come up at Noarlunga which would fit the bill (assuming I got it). Does anyone have any advice what the commute would be like day to day? Even though I've been to all these places I just can't picture whether it's really far or not! I live in rural Norfolk now so i'm used to sitting in a car to get anywhere! Thanks in advance.

easy peasy from Blackwood..straight down Shepherds Hill Rd and onto the M2 Southern Expressway or Main South Road.

JB :swoon:

you can go through Blackwood and down to Panatalinga Rd via Happy Valley driving that way ie going south is much less hassle than driving into the city Look at Coromandel Valley and maybe Happy Valley for housing too some nice properties and a nice area

The trip from Noarlunga hospital to Flinders is only 10 minutes and it's on a 100kph expressway so not stop / start traffic...another few minutes travel time every day won't make much difference. They will be working on the Darlington extension (Flinders side) soon so best to avoid that future snarl up.

Did you manage to have a look around the McLarenvale and Onkaparing Hills areas? Really close to Noarlunga...but stirling is a great place!

The trip from Noarlunga hospital to Flinders is only 10 minutes and it's on a 100kph expressway so not stop / start traffic...another few minutes travel time every day won't make much difference. They will be working on the Darlington extension (Flinders side) soon so best to avoid that future snarl up.

Did you manage to have a look around the McLarenvale and Onkaparing Hills areas? Really close to Noarlunga...but stirling is a great place!

our friends took us to Mclarenvale, it was beautiful, although the wine also helped that experience . I have had a look at some properties on line around Mclarenvale and they seem nice too. It's hard to plan ahead when you aren't there yet (although I am in my mind!) as we have to balance what we want with the needs of our two young girls. They both love wildlife though so as lovely as the beaches are, i'm hoping they can be persuaded that the hills are the way to go! Mind you, I actually have to get a job first which will no doubt affect where we end up in the end so mostly I'm dreaming at the moment, but south ish is definitely wheere we want to be!

We live in McLaren Vale and if it's wildlife you're after the foothills over in Happy Valley, Craigburn Farm, Aberfoyle Park are probably your better bet - we get kangaroos, quite a few birds, the very occasional lost koala and various lizards but you'll see more up in the hills; the wineries aren't great for wildlife diversity although they look mighty pretty throughout the year.

There's always Mount Compass or the Willunga Hills bit too which would be just about reasonable if your job is either at Flinders or Noarlunga.