Recommended realestate agents (Hallett Cove) RENTALS

jo_marnes

Hi all,

Keen to get some up to date feedback from both landlords and tenants so as to work out which agents to contact if we rent out our Hallett Cove property.

Good and bad feedback welcome - just keen to know what to look out for!

Cheers,

Jo

Jo my friends daughter is looking to rent in that area currlety at port Noarlunga but he rental is being sold can you pm me and I could pass on her details if she hasn't found a new rental

tried to PM you but said you've elected not to receive PMs?

Anyway, the house is a single story 4 bed, 3 living areas, evap cooling, gas heating, large flat yard, double drive and double garage. Since we moved in 6 yrs ago we have put in new kitchen, laundry and bathrooms. Would be expecting around $400 per week rent.

Probably available mid April

Keen to get some up to date feedback from both landlords and tenants so as to work out which agents to contact if we rent out our Hallett Cove property... Jo

just a thought Jo,

-but have you considered just doing the rental process yourself -it's a very straightforward process in South Australia:

- you get to meet the prospective tenants yourself, and make your own decisions

-the Residential Tenancy Tribunal will give you all the paperwork and you can do the initial inspection checklist, standard 12 month lease very easily

- if you arrange a Direct Debit rental payment system you won't be mucking about with rent books and collections

- You won't be shelling out money for old rope

- You will have first say in who fixes (and how) any problems that arise.....so you can get your own preferred tradies

( -don't know why..... but you can pretty much guarantee the HWS will blow half way through any tenancy:

-if you've been planning an alternative system, it's the ideal time to arrange this)

(-I've even had tenants who were qualified to fix the problem themselves, at an appropriate consideration, of course)

It's all very well saying the cost of the Property Manager is a tax deduction: but when you work out the full cost (recurring fees + two weeks rent every time you renegotiate the rent etc etc) you might come to a different opinion.

Most of all, you can get some sort of a relationship with your tenant, which isn't necessarily such a bad thing

JB :swoon:

Edited by John Browning

Thanks

How long does all this take to organise? We are time poor atm............

And what do you do if the tenant doesn't pay????

1) How long does it take ?

-well about the same time as trying to find a Real Estate Agent / Property Manager who understands what you want, and then filling in their paperwork, in our experience

2) And if the tenants cancel the Direct Debit? ....well either way, it's invariably the RTT who sort the problem.

And as for counting the days before the first rent turns up in your account. From memory ( -correct me if I'm wrong-)

... Even if an agent moved a Perfect Tenant in this very evening, you wouldn't get any rent in your account for at least two weeks

(- quite possibly longer), because the first payments go to the Agent, not you

John B :swoon: