New Royal Adelaide Hospital

Hello there, just wondering if anyone knows of updates with regards to opening of the new RAH?

I have just gained my PR, have got my nursing registration in principle, and hope to come over Sept/October-ish. I know there have been hold ups with construction etc, but I'm surprised there has not been any recruitment going on yet. Meant to be 6000 jobs when it finally does open, obviously not all medical/nursing.

Any insider knowledge much appreciated.

Kylie...you should bear in mind that the hospital that is being replaced (namely "The RAH") has a pretty much complete complement of staff.

A lot of these will transfer from one end of North Terrace to the other, when the new building opens.

So the idea that we have 6000 job vacancies might be a bit misleading.

Having said that, there are always vacancies for qualified nursing staff ...you haven't told us what area you would like to work in

JB

But with the size of it, they are certainly gonna need a few extra nurses here and there! ;) I am an A&E nurse, so it would be the ED or High dependency areas that I would be interested in.

Just with some areas apparently moving in July, but not officially opening til November, I wondered even if there would be short term contracts going. I guess I'll just keep watching the websites. Thanks!