Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep

best way to get my electrical A Grade license

hi all,

I'm moving to Adelaide in 6months and looking to do my electrical license when i get there, I'm a fully quillified electrician in the UK, i have read a few ways to do this but they have all been from 5 years ago, has anyone had to do this or know the best way to do this? any help would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance
      Dave.

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      http://www.cbs.sa.gov.au/contact-us/

This is the website where you apply for the license search around and it might give you some idea of what you need to complete to get the license

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Thanks Philly47. But that is more for businesses, I'm just looking to get my qualifications switched over. Which involves night school and a final test. But thanks for the reply :)

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Have a browse of the search returns on 'electrical licence' http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/...archid=1142936

Or try your own search terms if that doesn't give you anything and see if you can find what you are after :)

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by daveblue123 View Post
      Thanks Philly47. But that is more for businesses, I'm just looking to get my qualifications switched over. Which involves night school and a final test. But thanks for the reply :)
      That's where you would need to apply for your license to work they would tell you where you need to do any course necessary ie TAFE etc

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Sorry for the late reply guys. Been overseas for the past 2weeks. Will give it a go and let you know how I get on thanks

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Perhaps make contact with Peer Veet for some guidance and additional information.....

http://www.peer.com.au/Training/Reco...6/Default.aspx

http://www.peer.com.au/Training/Over...1/Default.aspx

http://www.peer.com.au/default.aspx

Some general information on the Government website...

http://www.skills.sa.gov.au/training...al-electrician

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Thanks Jessica ����

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Hey Dave. I promised myself that I wouldn't come back onto this morbid site. As a fellow sparkie who's been through the hurdles I could probably give you a more accurate representation to the processes. If YOU are the visa holder you will go through the Vetesses route which entails a practical and theory test in the UK. Similar to AM2. That if passed will gain you an OSTR. This then enables you to apply for Restricted Electrical Licence upon arrival. Here comes the difficult part. You will then visit skills for all who will probably offer you the chance to complete your wiring rules at PEER Tech for free. At Peer you will complete 3 weeks of Australian regulation study. Very similar to Ours. After successful completion of the Wiring rules you will then need to complete the next stage.... GAP TRAINING. A logbook which needs to be completed every day compromising Domestic. Commercial and industrial jobs... With some applicants taking a Year to complete. Mine took 6 Months at 70,000 words. If this isn't enough and I'm not being pessimistic just realistic it's hard enough for licenced sparkles to get a gig here in Adelaide. You would be classed as a TA... Unlike the electrical mate system in UK which is a preferred method of 3 mates to a spark. Here in Aus is completely different for some strange reason they rearly take on TA's but not impossible. I myself are moving states. I personally know a lot of Aussie and British sparks are also joining in the exodus... It's an uphill task mate but do able... Make sure you have enough money to keep you going for about 4 months.. I went down to my last 800$ before I got a gig... It's frightening.. Good luck.

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Thanks kenny that's the answer I've been wanting. I knew it would be a hassle to get it changed over. Hopefully it goes well and I manage to get something along the way to keep me going. I've done a lot on the fire side of things so hoping that works in my advantage and get something doing that and don't need to move state!!

Cheers

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast