Moving to Adelaide plan

Faisal

Hi everyone!

I, along with my wife and 4 kids, are planning to move permanently to Adelaide in September 16. We are planning to take temporary beach house outside city area for a month and then start searching for the rented house physically once landed in the beach house. Can anyone please guide me:

1. Can the accommodation be rented for one month before arriving at the city?

2. Is any place easily available (furnished) for one month only?

3. Is it advisable to search for long term rental house after actually reached there?

Looking for your expert opinions please.

Welcome to the forum. Short term furnished accommodation can be rented for a month easily enough. Have a look in the rentals available section here as some of our members have properties that may be available then. Alternatively try looking at stayz.com.au.

For a more long term rental you will need to be in the country to view the property. I would highly recommend not renting anything site unseen and be very wary of properties advertised on gumtree. While there are genuine properties on there it is also well known for scammers. To have a look at what kind of properties are available for long term rent and see what kind of costs you are looking at try realestate.com.au.

The rentals available section may be useful for you for the short term rental. A few of our members have furnished short term lets in beachside suburbs to rent.

They are the pinned ones at the top of the page

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/rentals-available/

I'd look for a longer term rental when here and able to go view in person etc.

September is still in the "off peak" season for Adelaide and there will be plenty of accommodation available in the beachside suburbs.

As it's off peak and you will be staying for a month...you should get a good price. Most of the beachside properties make their income from the high rentals that they get from the summer months. Rentals are negotiable during September although many holiday homes (and holiday / campsites too) do charge additional person fees for numbers above 4 persons...typically $15 to $20 per person per night. If you are looking for a 4 bed-roomed property that will be more difficult too.

With 6 persons you will likely find that your hire vehicle is more expensive than your rental home!

The rentals available section may be useful for you for the short term rental. A few of our members have furnished short term lets in beachside suburbs to rent.

They are the pinned ones at the top of the page

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/rentals-available/

I'd look for a longer term rental when here and able to go view in person etc.

You are right. For the long term rental, I also prefer to view all considerations personally before finalizing, however, for a month, this risk can be taken.

Dear Tamara,

Thanks for your guidelines.

For the vehicle, I would like to share with all of you what I have in my mind. To avoid taxi or car rental, I would prefer to purchase a car even before arriving in Adelaide through the gumtree or other sites. Is it advisable? I have a friend in Melbourne also who knows much about vehicles. What if I ask him to buy me a car and then drive it to Adelaide. Will it have any registration issues? I also want to know if buying car from Adelaide is better, or from Melbourne?

Waiting for the advice from all please.

• 6 months later...