Tool Maker/Fitter turner looking for sponsor

I am based in the UK and looking to head to Australia, but because of my age I need to have a company sponsor me

I'm a toolmaker fitter turner, by trade. Is it easy to obtain a sponsor? we are going through an agent, who is applying for jobs on our behalf, but hitting brick walls most of the time. any advice would be appricated .

Thanks

Dave

Edited by davidandcharmainehughes
added more

Hello and welcome.

I really have no clue about your trade here in SA. I'm assuming as you are trying to find a sponsor its on the SOL or CSOL.

TBH the job front is a bit bleak in some areas at present and it may be employers are either not hiring or not prepared to go the sponsorship route or are able to hire locally.

Hello and welcome.

I really have no clue about your trade here in SA. I'm assuming as you are trying to find a sponsor its on the SOL or CSOL.

TBH the job front is a bit bleak in some areas at present and it may be employers are either not hiring or not prepared to go the sponsorship route or are able to hire locally.

My brother is a fitter and turner. He's overseas and was looking at moving here a few years ago. The job situation is not as good now as it was then. He had a job lined up but had a change of heart due to a family matter. He's also in his late 40's and I often shake my head at what he gave up. Many of the other states like WA are also in the same boat with decline of manufacturing and industry. Sorry that I can't be more positive. A key to getting a job offer / job is often through a contact so don't give up. Continue to use any available social media and contacts that you may have here.

Best of luck.