Feedback on Move Cube Seven Seas

Hughes'Roberts

Hi,

I wanted to share our move cube feedback with the forum especially to anyone that's thinking of using them.

• We decided to go ahead and book a Small Cube for our return to Adelaide. The Small Cube measures 2 square metres (size of a red telephone box), we only had personal belongings, no furniture so the small one was adequate for us, we filled it with 15 boxes and had loose items too and there was still room left!
  • Customer service was very good, helpful and responded quickly to any questions we had.
  • Impressed how quick they could book us in, Just a week after our phone call we had them come out to complete the site inspection and then a few days after we had our move cube delivered to be loaded
  • Had frequent emails keeping me informed of the cubes movement, I could also log in on there website to see track the cube and to also make any outstanding payments.
  • Shipment took 11 weeks which is what I was advised.
  • All belongings intact and noticed the cube was packed very well!
  • Drivers we're very helpful
  • Paperwork straight forward enough
  • Good price too

Overall we we had an execellent experience with Movecube, had no issues at all, fantastic service and we would highly recommend there services! Thanks Sevenseas.

:smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Glad it all went well for you :) We used a large MoveCube a few years back now to move here and had no issues at all. For us too it was a great service and provided you read the small print re the fees the Aus end and are prepared for the step up into the trailer (the cube is loaded within one iirc) and a couple of other things, its a great way to ship personal effects and a few bits of furniture. We had one of those trolleys to load a pile of boxes on to to save carrying one at a time to the trailer. So could wheel 3 or 4 and then load them on. Made things quicker.

Also worked out the exact space and the amount of boxes it would take to fill it. We used every inch of space pretty much. Loaded the things we expected them to check last, so shoes, Xmas decs and stuff were easy for them to pull out and look at if they wanted. Which they did but it all passed fine.

Hope you are enjoying being back and that we'll see you on here from time to time :)

Glad it all went well for you :) We used a large MoveCube a few years back now to move here and had no issues at all. For us too it was a great service and provided you read the small print re the fees the Aus end and are prepared for the step up into the trailer (the cube is loaded within one iirc) and a couple of other things, its a great way to ship personal effects and a few bits of furniture. We had one of those trolleys to load a pile of boxes on to to save carrying one at a time to the trailer. So could wheel 3 or 4 and then load them on. Made things quicker.

Also worked out the exact space and the amount of boxes it would take to fill it. We used every inch of space pretty much. Loaded the things we expected them to check last, so shoes, Xmas decs and stuff were easy for them to pull out and look at if they wanted. Which they did but it all passed fine.

Hope you are enjoying being back and that we'll see you on here from time to time :)

Thanks Snifter as it was yourself who recomended movecube a while back! So cheers for that :-).

Things are great, happy to be back. Weve slotted back into a routine, looking forward to some warmer weather now!!.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi' date='

I wanted to share our move cube feedback with the forum especially to anyone that's thinking of using them.

[list']

[*]We decided to go ahead and book a Small Cube for our return to Adelaide. The Small Cube measures 2 square metres (size of a red telephone box), we only had personal belongings, no furniture so the small one was adequate for us, we filled it with 15 boxes and had loose items too and there was still room left!

[*]Customer service was very good, helpful and responded quickly to any questions we had.

[*]Impressed how quick they could book us in, Just a week after our phone call we had them come out to complete the site inspection and then a few days after we had our move cube delivered to be loaded

[*]Had frequent emails keeping me informed of the cubes movement, I could also log in on there website to see track the cube and to also make any outstanding payments.

[*]Shipment took 11 weeks which is what I was advised.

[*]All belongings intact and noticed the cube was packed very well!

[*]Drivers we're very helpful

[*]Paperwork straight forward enough

[*]Good price too

Overall we we had an execellent experience with Movecube, had no issues at all, fantastic service and we would highly recommend there services! Thanks Sevenseas.

:smile:

Thanks for this Hughes'Roberts this was really informative for me.We are looking at movecube as an option as although we are taking a king bed and mattress plus a few other things, we definitely don't need a container nor even a shared one. We were looking into a large cube as I'm sure we could fill that however. Good tip about the shoes and xmas decs. What is the info about fees at the Aust end? Do you not pay all upfront? Thanks

Thanks for this Hughes'Roberts this was really informative for me.We are looking at movecube as an option as although we are taking a king bed and mattress plus a few other things, we definitely don't need a container nor even a shared one. We were looking into a large cube as I'm sure we could fill that however. Good tip about the shoes and xmas decs. What is the info about fees at the Aust end? Do you not pay all upfront? Thanks

No you dont pay it all upfront. I found Movecube were very clear with there charges. When i was gathering quotes from different shipping company many didnt include the Australia cost at this end.

So you pay a deposit then only the UK Logistic cost then you pay the second part when the goods have arrived on Australian soil. Like I said Movecube will detail these costings. The only cost that they cant tell is if the Aussie Customs charge you for goods that need treatment etc.

Hope this helps.

We used a large. Fitted 30 plus boxes, mostly tea chest sized plus other things. Had lots of room.

ok thanks. I'm wondering then whether we should use a medium one. We're only taking a ks bed & mattress, probably about 15 boxes, a 'normal' sized chest of drawers plus bits and bobs. Small seems too wee but I don't think we would fill a large.

• 4 months later...
Hi,

great reading all the comments, our family is set to move to Adelaide in September 17, I have just contacted move cube for a quote etc, £890 shipping plus $903 customs! Are those good prices?

Thanks Laura

We have been quoted (from Scotland to Adelaide) door to door £940 plus $903.10. Quotes will depend on where your location is and whether it's door to door or door to depot.