Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep

Experience buying a Jim's franchise?

Hi, I've been in South Australia since 2012 and am looking at a new career so have been researching buying a Jim's mowing franchise. The amount that it is suggested can be earned doesn't look massive, but is more than I am currently on.

Anyone have any experience with one of the Jim's franchises? How good are they at getting you work and are they worthwhile financially? I have heard that quite a few English people have taken on the franchises.

Thanks,

Tommy

Title
      Port Noarlunga, Adelaide, South Australia
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Hi Tommy,
      I was contacted by a PIA member who bought a franchise for Jim's antennas in the southern suburbs. I replied to a question about franchises a number of years back and as a result he investigated and bought one. He was a few years into the franchise and indicated that it had been a good decision.

We actually looked at one ourselves almost 10 years ago when we were still in the move phase of our migration. If I remember correctly we were put off by speaking to people who told us about the prolonged drought and impact upon gardens and work....but that was then and the long drought has ended.....this winter was proof of that.........I personally have never heard anything bad about them but hopefully someone will respond with some more detailed info.
      Adelaide Furnished Rentals. MIGRANT and HOLIDAY HOMES with unlimited internet in popular PORT NOARLUNGA. Walk to beaches, shops, stations. McLaren Vale 12, city 30 mins, beaches 2 mins away. Longer rentals (3 to 12 month) at discounted rates. Australian Business Number: 65261457068

www.homesdownunder.com.au

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Thanks Tamara, that is really helpful. I'm trying to get as much background as I can before jumping in!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara (Homes Down Under) View Post
      Hi Tommy,
      I was contacted by a PIA member who bought a franchise for Jim's antennas in the southern suburbs. I replied to a question about franchises a number of years back and as a result he investigated and bought one. He was a few years into the franchise and indicated that it had been a good decision.

We actually looked at one ourselves almost 10 years ago when we were still in the move phase of our migration. If I remember correctly we were put off by speaking to people who told us about the prolonged drought and impact upon gardens and work....but that was then and the long drought has ended.....this winter was proof of that.........I personally have never heard anything bad about them but hopefully someone will respond with some more detailed info.

Title
      Port Noarlunga, Adelaide, South Australia
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      It would be great to get some feedback from someone who has bought or is running one of their franchises....
      Adelaide Furnished Rentals. MIGRANT and HOLIDAY HOMES with unlimited internet in popular PORT NOARLUNGA. Walk to beaches, shops, stations. McLaren Vale 12, city 30 mins, beaches 2 mins away. Longer rentals (3 to 12 month) at discounted rates. Australian Business Number: 65261457068

www.homesdownunder.com.au

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      I recently enquired with VIP they wanted between $25k to $40k to buy a round then you either have to buy or rent there trailer. I am setting up on my own as can't afford $25k. Have cert 3 on Arboriculture and going on to do Horticulture diploma , as I want to offer more than just a mowing service. It just going to be a case of getting out there and finding the work !!
      Last edited by Fen46; 30-10-2016 at 01:23 AM.

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      I see many recommendations for this sort of work on the Buy Swap and Sell pages. It seems to me that if you do good work, are reliable, become known and recommended you have little need of a franchise backing. I am not sure what you get for your money, but my recent experiences with similar franchises were not good and I would hesitate to use them over someone who was recommended to do the job from someone's personal experience.

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      I cannot speak from direct experience but I am in a business group on Facebook and remember a long thread from a couple of months ago where franchises like these were discussed at length. Several people who had experience with it had pitched in and I think probably 50% claimed that they never got a return from it and the other 50% said that they did but after several months (to a year) and it took way more time and effort than they thought it would.
      --Marketing entrepreneur. New to the city. See website here --

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      I have a franchise not with jims. I be live that you are better going out on your own. they will promise anything to get you to sign up, the up front of $25,000 is just the start its the fees every month of about $600 As I said do it yourself you will be better off

•