Rental

Kent

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. My family and I will be moving over to Adelaide early of 2017. We are so excited and scared at the same time. Been doing some research on suburbs and rental issue. One think I come across is that owners will review on tenant's history or based on reference and etc. How do we go about as we do not have any history or reference at all?

There will be 4 of us, myself, wife and 2 kids age 4 and 2.

Thanks in advance. :biggrin:

Hi Kent,

Welcome!

The rental agencies have their standard forms / procedures but it's totally possible to fulfill everything that they require.

If you rent for a short time before you move to a long term unfurnished place your short term landlord should provide you with a reference. The rental agencies phone your short term landlord with a list of generic questions...what are you like, do you pay on time, do you keep the place tidy? etc...it's all just a formality so don't be put off by the procedure...as they say here "no worries'! :smile:

Hi Tamara,

Thank you for your quick response to my question. We're planning to go straight for long term cause we sort of decided where we wanna live in and had visited the schools around that area. Wife and myself will be flying over early next year to sort out all the rental matter then only we will bring our kids over. We are looking at either Woodville, prospect or brompton.

Thanks again

Hi Kent

we moved in to long term rent after 4 weeks initially staying at one of Tamaras properties to give us time to search for something. We had no UK rental history and although we used a local friend as a reference, they actually never contacted her! We rent through Harcourts and we just wrote a supporting statement regarding us and our finances. Seemed to do the trick!

Hi Robeaves and Becks22,

Thank you for the information. Good to hear that they are not too judgmental and like you said, everyone need to start somewhere. Will try to email some agents a hopefully we can start viewing some place as soon as we land in Adelaide.