Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep

Wink Job market for business accountants / support workers

My husband and I along with our two girls are a week away from starting the visa process (would be skilled migrants sponsored by SA).

My husband is a finance manager and we are wondering what the job market is like in Adelaide for business accountants.

I work as a support worker with disabled people (part time due to our young girls) but will work anywhere going.

What is the likelihood that we would find work?

Thank you x

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Igglepop View Post
      My husband and I along with our two girls are a week away from starting the visa process (would be skilled migrants sponsored by SA).

My husband is a finance manager and we are wondering what the job market is like in Adelaide for business accountants.

I work as a support worker with disabled people (part time due to our young girls) but will work anywhere going.

What is the likelihood that we would find work?

Thank you x

Hi Igglepop,
      I think you are more likely to get something faster in your line of disability care work as well as any form of care work but for your husband it might not be that fast and will need to be patient, all in all it is also a matter of luck for him. Otherwise the Adelaide job market ain't that rosy but needs some patience and good focus.
      IELTS:L:7.5 R:7 W:7 S:7.5 OB:7.5. ACS-sent 7/Dec/10 Computer Network & Systems Engineer (263111) +ve received 19/May/11. SA SS sent 16/July/11 Recieved 19/July/11 Approved: 8/Aug/11. 176 Lodged 23/Aug/11 CO: 9/Sept/11 PCC: Sept/11 Meds: Apr/2012 Grant: Sept/11 Landed: 18/11/12 and got IT job within 10days, first application. Enjoying every bit of Adelaide....

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Hi, I've no idea re finance jobs, but would imagine you will be fine with disability support work. It's one of the fastest growing areas in terms of employment. I work for a large disability services provider and every week we have several jobs advertised.

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Hi soo_the_panda, my wife also works in the disability support area and we will be in Adelaide in the next couple of months. Could you possibly share the name of the company that you work for and where they advertise?
      Status: Received 489 visa 25/2/2016, Fly to Adelaide 25/11/2016 !.

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by persianharry View Post
      Hi soo_the_panda, my wife also works in the disability support area and we will be in Adelaide in the next couple of months. Could you possibly share the name of the company that you work for and where they advertise?
      I work for Minda which is the largest non government disability provider in SA. They advertise on their website and also on Seek which is the main job website in SA. Other organizations worth looking at or contacting include CARA, Scosa, Barkuma, Bedford and Orana.im sure there are many more and also worth looking at agencies.

•