Question about Child visa and tourist visa

path2aus

Hello All,

My wife and I are Australia permanent residents and are planning to move to Adelaide in a month. We have a new born for whom we need to apply for the child visa. The question I have is whether the child needs to go through the health check before lodging of the application?

The second question I have is that we are planning to take the child on tourist visa as the Child visa offshore might take around 14 months to be granted. The tourist visa application asks for address in Australia. We are not in Australia yet, so what address should be provide in the application? Can it be a hotel or something? Please let me know as it will be really helpful.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
whether the child needs to go through the health check before lodging of the application?

No

A medical examination might be called for before a vistor visa is granted.

Here is a rundown on the criteria:

More than 12 | | | Yes

months stay | | |

If previously | | | Yes - see

subject to | | |

a health | | |

undertaking | | |

Is a queued | | |Yes -

parent (any age) | |

for stay of 6 | |

months or more| | |

70 or over, not | | Yes |

a queued parent| | |

any length of | | |

stay | | |

70 or over, a | | |

queued parent, | |Yes - |

less than 6 | |

months stay | | |

Less than 70, | | |

not a queued | | |

parent, stay of | Yes | |

12 months or | | |

less | | |

We had been granted our PR visa and had baby in uk before we made the full move, we didn't have to have a medical for her, if you travel with the new born on a holiday visa you will have to take the baby out of oz every 3 months and the visa only lasts a year so the child visa needs to have been approved within that 12 months.

we got away without having to apply for child visa because case officer gave duff information which made us wait and have the baby in the uk as she said baby could just be added once born which wasn't the case.

good luck hope it all goes well

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks everyone for the responses. We were able to get the PR granted for our baby within 2 months and we were able to get to Australia in January.

Thanks for stopping by with an update. Always good to hear how things went. Hope all is going well for you since the move.

Thanks for stopping by with an update. Always good to hear how things went. Hope all is going well for you since the move.

The move has been good so far. We were able to get a good rental property within a week near the beach. I was able to get a contract job in just over a month. Still getting settled and setting things up though. We are still in the process of understanding lots of things which are different from the US. But overall the experience has been great, fantastic weather, great people, nice beaches.