Buying Christmas gifts & vouchers in England?

Claire12

Hello All :smile:

I have not been on here in ages but hope everyone is well & still living the dream here in Oz.

I'm not having much luck with gift buying for xmas this year & I was hoping someone may have some advice to share.

I said I would buy some English gift vouchers for a family member & also a new blender. To save time I thought I would jump onto Tesco uk website & buy them online & get them delivered. But NO! they do not accept Australian postcodes so you can not put in your billing address for a creditcard here in Oz.

Any ideas for getting around this please much appreciated? or companies that do accept overseas creditcards or paypal even?

Thanks in advance

Trying to get xmas sorted Claire :confused:

All happy and well here. 3 years plus in and still enjoying life in Adelaide.

I use John Lewis, Waitrose, Debenhams, Next, House of Fraser and one or two others and pay for it on my Aus debit card. I get some stuff delivered to a UK address, some to Aus. Never had an issue with any of those.

FWIW I have just done a large John Lewis order and shopped for a heap of kids Christmas presents that were $15 each more from Aus shops and even with shipping at $19 for it all it still came in way cheaper than what I'd have paid for it all here. That is being delivered here to Aus though. I did also order some stuff for my parents and had it shipped to their home in the UK.

Edited by snifter
eta

All happy and well here. 3 years plus in and still enjoying life in Adelaide.

I use John Lewis, Waitrose, Debenhams, Next, House of Fraser and one or two others and pay for it on my Aus debit card. I get some stuff delivered to a UK address, some to Aus. Never had an issue with any of those.

FWIW I have just done a large John Lewis order and shopped for a heap of kids Christmas presents that were $15 each more from Aus shops and even with shipping at $19 for it all it still came in way cheaper than what I'd have paid for it all here. That is being delivered here to Aus though. I did also order some stuff for my parents and had it shipped to their home in the UK.

Thanks for the reply snifter & cliffy

will try those sites ?

I bought two car seats from Argos earlier this year and had them delivered to my father in laws place so that they were there when we visited. I didn't have any issues using my Aussie credit card. (but there is a surcharge this side).

I also bought Vodafone sim and airtime and used his UK address in Yorkshire for the deliveries.