Hoon Drivers: Complaint number

Tamara (Homes Down Under)

When I arrived I thought that the drivers were wonderful! It's all relative to what you were used to I guess.

Recently I have been so aware of shocking driving and all sorts of crazy stunts being performed on the roads. I was reading a newspaper article about members of the public "dobbing in" hoon drivers and the contact number for the complaints line was listed.

The next tailgater is going to cop it!

The reporting number is 131444

I have put it in my phone.

I was driving back from the city the other night and a plasterers van was weaving all over the road...I didn't know the number and didn't was to call 000 but at least I have a number to call now! Don't know whether they would be able to respond to a drunk driver or they would contact the local cops but at least I can now make the effort to prevent someone getting injured or killed...

I would suggest you buy a dash cam.

This is the better modality to present the best available evidence rather than an eye witness version of events. Although a defence counsel could try to accuse the witness of moulding the narrative after viewing the video after several times, the counter to this would be for the witness to begin the narrative while watching an event as it's being recorded.

If one makes contemporaneous statements while the event unfolds eg "oh my, that car is going to hit ____" , that will show that there was no preparation of the evidence.

• 2 weeks later...
I would suggest you buy a dash cam.

This is the better modality to present the best available evidence rather than an eye witness version of events. Although a defence counsel could try to accuse the witness of moulding the narrative after viewing the video after several times, the counter to this would be for the witness to begin the narrative while watching an event as it's being recorded.

If one makes contemporaneous statements while the event unfolds eg "oh my, that car is going to hit ____" , that will show that there was no preparation of the evidence.

That sounds like a good idea.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a make / model of dash cam? Anyone have one and can recommend their model.

Don't know too much about them but any help appreciated?

That sounds like a good idea.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a make / model of dash cam? Anyone have one and can recommend their model.

Don't know too much about them but any help appreciated?

Hello Tamara

I use a Navig8r model "Crash Cam". It has full HD, a built in microphone, an auto bump record feature and a motion detection recorder. It does the job recording the numerous speeders, meth heads and road ratbags.

My husband gifted this to me so I can't say I did my own research beforehand.

Hello Tamara

I use a Navig8r model "Crash Cam". It has full HD, a built in microphone, an auto bump record feature and a motion detection recorder. It does the job recording the numerous speeders, meth heads and road ratbags.

My husband gifted this to me so I can't say I did my own research beforehand.

Thank you very much.

I will have a look at that. Is it easy to use?