Citizenship application form

jillyg65

hi there.

Has anyone recently completed the citizenship application form?

We are in the process of filling out the form and would like some advice for one of the questions please.

It asks where have you travelled since you are 18? It wants the to and from dates. I was 38 when we moved here. So that's a pretty long time and i have done a lot of travelling. Anyone that's done it recently did you really note down every single county and travel dates?

I have no chance of remembering!!!!

Any advice would be amazing.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

This has come up quite a few times recently over on our sister site PIO. I found a couple of the threads for you :)

People have replied that they tried to be as comprehensive as possible for the most recent 10 years and then tried to give as many places as possible they could remember before that. TBH I doubt many of us who lived in Europe before moving here could remember all the dates and places we may have travelled within the EU given there are no passport stamps anymore.

I'll have the same issue when mine comes around and I plan to use the list I gave on my visa application as that was fully correct and went back 10 years and I'll have the 5 years on top since moving to Aus that I can list in full. And I can probably remember some of the places and vague dates prior to that that I will list to the best of my ability.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254702

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254866

This has come up quite a few times recently over on our sister site PIO. I found a couple of the threads for you :)

People have replied that they tried to be as comprehensive as possible for the most recent 10 years and then tried to give as many places as possible they could remember before that. TBH I doubt many of us who lived in Europe before moving here could remember all the dates and places we may have travelled within the EU given there are no passport stamps anymore.

I'll have the same issue when mine comes around and I plan to use the list I gave on my visa application as that was fully correct and went back 10 years and I'll have the 5 years on top since moving to Aus that I can list in full. And I can probably remember some of the places and vague dates prior to that that I will list to the best of my ability.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254702

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254866

Thanks soo much. Will take a look

We did it back at the end of last year and I was a bit thrown by it too; especially since the children have actually holidayed abroad differently to us. I just tried to be as accurate as I could. I think what they're looking for is that you haven't been in and out of 'scary' countries regularly or that you have visited these countries and are claiming not to have (I suspect if you are at all suspicious they'll check back through and match things up themselves to see what you've omitted and then query you about it).

The section that really threw me on the forms was asking about our parents - neither sets are intending at any point to emigrate, my husband's dad is dead but there was no way to put that on the form. It turned out to not be an issue; just something else to worry about for a while - like the Visa process all over again :)

• 3 weeks later...