Baby info needed, please

flossybeth

I have finally been registered for Family Day Care and have a few questions about having a baby here in Aus!

My first one is: I've just fitted a top-tethered rear facing car seat into my car, now how do I get a baby in around the straps?!

Secondly where is the best place to go to try out prams/buggies etc - I know what I like (I've been through a fair few in the past 16 years) however the market has both changed and is different and although I've had a look online I'd really like to try them out before I spend upwards of $1000 (I'll need a single and a double and I don't want a double decker). I've dropped into Baby Bunting at the south end of South Road and I know Toys R Us has a selection but our closest at Noarlunga doesn't have many - is the one at Gepps Cross so much bigger with a better selection that it's worth the day trip? Any other good places with a wide selection that I might not know about?

LOL in response to your first questions - not with the greatest of ease! Up and over through the middle of the straps has been my experience.. not easy with a little sleeping baby, and now also not easy with a toddler who is still too little to turn around to forward-facing.

I think Baby Bunting is the biggest selection I know of... I was very overwhelmed when we went to the South Road store. I know there are a few baby shops in/around the city - one on Grote Street (Your Child's Nursery maybe?) and some around the Norwood area. Not sure if any of them are any good or better than what you've already seen.

Can't help much but I used to nip in to Baby Bunting on South Rd and always found it ok. Depending on the make and model you like its worth checking online for cheaper deals in other stores as sometimes bargains can be found. Or the sales when they are bringing out new models and so selling off the older stock. Even if its a click and collect or shipped from Sydney for $10 or something (iirc places like David Jones or Myer do this if not available locally), I do this quite often for stuff and it works well I find.

Have you checked the second hand ones on Gumtree or the local buy and sell pages? I'd happily keep my eyes open for pushchairs for you if I know what you are after.