Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by TravellingGiraffe View Post
      A move cube is almost 3 times as expensive as I've been quoted for shipping my few boxes. Think I'm just going to have to picky one and hope for the best. As my dad said yesterday, people like to complain a lot more than they will talk about the positives. So most of them are probably okay, just not 100% perfect, which I wouldn't expect anyway.
      The problem with sending a few boxes with a shipping company is they will go as part of a shared container which can result in long delays - there are many stories on Poms in Oz of people waiting months for items in a shared container. If cost is more important than speed then that would be the way to go.

I would however recommend using a seperate company to insure your goods rather than the shipping company. It's cheaper, provides better cover and pays out with less hassle if you need to claim. Check out Letton Percival and Insure Your Move (if they are still operating).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.
      Dale Carnegie 1888-1955, Author and Lecturer

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      We used Voovit to ship a few boxes - they were great

Title
      Port Noarlunga, Adelaide, South Australia
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by NicF View Post
      The problem with sending a few boxes with a shipping company is they will go as part of a shared container which can result in long delays - there are many stories on Poms in Oz of people waiting months for items in a shared container. If cost is more important than speed then that would be the way to go.

I would however recommend using a seperate company to insure your goods rather than the shipping company. It's cheaper, provides better cover and pays out with less hassle if you need to claim. Check out Letton Percival and Insure Your Move (if they are still operating).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We made the wrong decision to have a shared container (the power of hindsight!). It took an eternity to arrive here. There was plenty of damage and stolen items and the insurance claim was nothing short of a joke. The payment for damaged items was less than 10% of the value of the goods and the process was designed to be as difficult as possible...I remember trailing around trying to get prices for items that were similar to the ones that were missing or broken.

If I could do it all again....I would TRY to get rid of just about everything. We are a family of hoarders and stuff that arrived almost 10 years ago is now gathering dust (and spiders webs) in one of the sheds. Most of what we brought wasn't necessary and a small amount of personal effects would have been a much better plan. Easy to say and even more difficult to put into practice...we now have sheds full of stuff that will never see the light of day!
      Adelaide Furnished Rentals. MIGRANT and HOLIDAY HOMES with unlimited internet in popular PORT NOARLUNGA. Walk to beaches, shops, stations. McLaren Vale 12, city 30 mins, beaches 2 mins away. Longer rentals (3 to 12 month) at discounted rates. Australian Business Number: 65261457068

www.homesdownunder.com.au

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Tamara (Homes Down Under) View Post
      We made the wrong decision to have a shared container (the power of hindsight!). It took an eternity to arrive here. There was plenty of damage and stolen items and the insurance claim was nothing short of a joke. The payment for damaged items was less than 10% of the value of the goods and the process was designed to be as difficult as possible...I remember trailing around trying to get prices for items that were similar to the ones that were missing or broken.

If I could do it all again....I would TRY to get rid of just about everything. We are a family of hoarders and stuff that arrived almost 10 years ago is now gathering dust (and spiders webs) in one of the sheds. Most of what we brought wasn't necessary and a small amount of personal effects would have been a much better plan. Easy to say and even more difficult to put into practice...we now have sheds full of stuff that will never see the light of day!
      I intend on getting rid of all but the necessary personal effects. So I'm reckoning on having 4 boxes to ship out depending on the size/weight of stuff. I hasten to add this is currently a guess until I decide on a company and the boxes arrive.

I know its going to take forever in a shared container but I don't see I have a lot of choice. Not got enough to ship to do it any other way.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Our extra 4 boxes arrived about the same time as our Movecube. Seven Seas run both and we had no delay issues. Perhaps check and see how Seven Seas work re boxes.

Title
      Liked
      times
      Rep
      Bit late on this one so you've probably already sorted it but we moved a few boxes with Chess and everything worked out great. Took a couple of months to arrive though - not sure if there are quicker options.

• Letton Percival provide shipping insurance for your international move

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12