Daylight Saving and sort out those smoke alarms too!

Don't forget about the clocks this weekend...

[h=1]Daylight Saving Ends | Adelaide[/h][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=width: 100%][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 100%]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=width: 100%][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ico-clocksback.gif

This is a reminder to turn your clocks BACK one hour on Sunday 2nd April 2017 for the official end of the 2016-2017 daylight saving period.

Clocks are moved back one hour from 3am to 2am.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

It's also this time of year that fire departments recommend that you change your smoke alarm batteries.

The local hardware stores are promoting batteries by their registers so pick some up and change them...please!

I have this additional info (on the advice of a former fire safety officer).

If your smoke alarm is one of the older ionization alarms it's best to change it for one of the photo electric ones. The ionization alarms only last for 10 years (i stayed at an apartment in Perth and the alarm was 22 years old!!!). The photo electric ones respond quicker.

Beware of cheap smoke alarm purchases at the local Bunnings stores. On their shelves they only have very few of the older ionization alarms (the rest are all photo electric) BUT on the promo section at the front of the store they are selling alarms for $10...right by the register where you pay. DO NOT BUY THEM...these are the older slower responding alarms.....spend a few Dollars more and get a photo electric one.

If you need any help choosing one just ask.

• 2 weeks later...
Ooo thanks for the reminder on the smoke alarms :) Will change those this week.

I have started replacing a number of alarms. Some of mine are a few years old and although they last for a maximum of 10 years it's best to swap them before this maximum date.

They have some 10 year models at Bunnings for less than $40 so that's a good buy if you work out not having to replace a battery every year.